Moving to Taiwan: Salary range to be able to afford International Schools

There are private schools that are not crazy expensive like TAS that have internal international programs that teach fully US curriculum by licensed teachers, or UK or Australian curiculum, are partnered with actual schools in those countries so when completed / graduated, the student receive a diploma from the US, UK, or Australian school, depending on which program they studied.

So they arent fully “international schools”. Rather, they are private schools with optional “international programs”.

1 Like

Most likely no, as she works in a niche sector (horticulture) and so opportunities may be very limited or nill, given that she doesn’t speak Chinese.

Yes, thats gross salary. One-time airfare and some limited relocation expenses are covered.

can you share names? im not familiar with these.

That’s good to hear. Do you mind sharing the names of these private schools with optional international programs ?

This is an international assignment lasting about 3~5 years. And yes, IB will be relevant for the elder one, as she will be applying to international universities in about 3 years - if all goes well !

See my comment in another thread:

Yes.

i know they have daily prayer and bible studies, dont know abt science classes, but i dknt think they are creationists.
yes, non Christians are fine.

Yup too far from Hsinchu and the freeway and highway are jammed packed everyday. My office was close to Taipei 101. That is also quite a fair distance from the International schools as well. But as they are not too young they can commute on the local MRT which is very cheap. International schools also have school bus routes as well. You might want to look at google maps for Taipei 101 then Taipei American School or the European School.

Mrt does not go to tas. Nearest mrt is going to be shipai or mingde, but they are both equally far. There are buses that goes there though.

If she’s open to teaching there’s always that. Pay isn’t bad either.

Anyways, these expensive schools are really not worth it if money is an issue. Just save up to help them with uni expenses, that’s gonna do much more for them.

2 Likes

Yes MRT most of the way then buses. Not sure if they can use U bikes to Tienmu from an MRT stop.

Note: there are lot more schools than those on this list

Yes I know perhaps you can post them. Also another option is homeschooling.

1 Like

Or a private tutor or two Used to be standard with the wealthy in the past.

People might not like to hear this, but pre-16 subject specific isn’t that important.

better to live close to school and have you commute then have 2 kids go to school half way across town.

Just saying TAS isn’t the be all end all and it’s really just a place for rich folks to send their kids to. I know a bunch of foreigners who aren’t filthy rich and they find their own ways to educate their kids without paying exorbitant sums.

Yes, that’s lot more easier and practical than the other way round. And thtat’s why I am harboring wild thoughts about living in Hsinchu so kids can attend the more affordable Hsinchu International School, while I commute to Taipei. Have you come across anyone commuting from Hsinchu to Taipei for work?

the other way, i have 2 friends that commute daily Taipei to Hsinchu. an hour and 15 mins drive each way.