Moving to Taiwan: Want a Pet

I think that is fair, XinBiDe. :slight_smile:

In any case, I think you are putting a lot of considerations into getting a pet, and that is how it should be.

Puppies grow fast, so best is to check back closer to your arrival. There could be some posted here for adoption. If you end up up north, you can contact Animals Taiwan and they might have the right pet for you, and if you end up down south, feel free to contact me and we might have some options here, too. I rescued a mom and five pups last Sunday, but theyā€™ll be bigger by the time you arrive. Itā€™s the right time of year, though, so you should be able to find a puppy quite easily if that is the pet you and your better half decide to care for.

Cheers!

marboulette

Video available here: youtube.com/watch?gl=TW&hl=z ā€¦ 6GGAhHFNQo

You made my girlfriend cry. I hope youā€™re happy hahahahha

[quote=ā€œmarbouletteā€]I think that is fair, XinBiDe. :slight_smile:

In any case, I think you are putting a lot of considerations into getting a pet, and that is how it should be.

Puppies grow fast, so best is to check back closer to your arrival. There could be some posted here for adoption. If you end up up north, you can contact Animals Taiwan and they might have the right pet for you, and if you end up down south, feel free to contact me and we might have some options here, too. I rescued a mom and five pups last Sunday, but theyā€™ll be bigger by the time you arrive. Itā€™s the right time of year, though, so you should be able to find a puppy quite easily if that is the pet you and your better half decide to care for.

Cheers!

marboulette[/quote]

One major consideration is the size of the dog because Iā€™m thinking my apartment is only about 8 pings. Will these pups get big? I donā€™t mind if theyā€™re already grown up a bitā€¦ I think under a year is ideal. Theyā€™re still puppies to me then.

Thatā€™s not a toad. Thatā€™s a jaundiced nutsack.

[quote=ā€œomerojsā€]well XinBiDe, I think that you do have good intentions towards adopting a dog, why dont you check the Taipei Animal Shelter, they have 100s of dogs looking for a home, they have pups, older ones, big, small, all colors and flavors !!! just check it and you will see !!!
there are some basic rules there on adoption and you have to sign some papers stating that you will take care of the dog and if you leave the country you will take it with you and things like thatā€¦
take a look and let us know how did it go !!! i recently adopted a GR (around 10 months old) and I am so happy with him !!![/quote]
What is Taipei Animal Shelterā€™s website? And address?

[quote=ā€œXinBiDeā€]

One major consideration is the size of the dog because Iā€™m thinking my apartment is only about 8 pings. Will these pups get big? I donā€™t mind if theyā€™re already grown up a bitā€¦ I think under a year is ideal. Theyā€™re still puppies to me then.[/quote]

The mom is about 12 kilos, and I think the dad was probably bigger judging from the pups. So no, they wonā€™t be small unless we are lucky. Maybe one of them will not grow too big.

You know, talking about people who try to adopt unwanted dogs, the thing about size is a lot more common. ā€œOh no, this pups will be a small dog!ā€ But six months later you have to re-mortgage your house to feed the damn thingā€¦ :laughing:

No, Iā€™d say they will range between 14 and 20kg. Not small by any means. Small dogs are rather rare as far as rescues are concerned. I think your best bet is to go with omerojsā€™ suggestion. You should be able to find a smaller pooch suitable to you small metropolitan living quarters in larger shelters that see more traffic. Doesnā€™t hurt to check with us closer to your arrival, though. We do get the odd ones.

marboulette

you can try the small pups that Animal Taiwan hasā€¦ Iā€™m getting a chihuahua for my father-in-law, and if he doesnā€™t want it, he will keep company to my adopted white terrierā€¦

Video available here: youtube.com/watch?gl=TW&hl=z ā€¦ 6GGAhHFNQo[/quote]

Man, thatā€™s sick. I had no idea toads were that nasty. Donā€™t these things just eat bugs and stuff? :noway:

Iā€™m guessing you donā€™t need to feed it too oftenā€¦ Geezā€¦

marboulette

But if you kiss it, it turns into a handsome prince.

@ Marboulette - the toad will go for anything smaller than its body size. It needs to eat small birds or rodents to keep up its calcium levels. I offer him grubs every day but he hasnā€™t eaten for a couple of months.

Itā€™s a low maintenance pet.

Yeah, price is another reason I want a smaller dog. Midsized is probably ok too, I donā€™t know. How much is a monthā€™s worth of pet food in Taiwan?

This is the website:
tmiah.tcg.gov.tw/html/english.jsp
the GPS :25.0638N
121.6106E

besides that you can check this website that was posted here too:
meetpets.idv.tw/dogs.php?pages=1
they have tones of dogs for adoption and they are very strict with some requirements for some of them, check it out !!!
keep us posted

It depends what kind of food you feed. We havenā€™t paid for food for a long time, now, thanks to Stray Dog and AT. :slight_smile:

Wow hook me up with that deal hahaha