Mr. Mark bakery in Jiayi

Thank the Yeast Gods!
A wonderful new bread store has opened in Jiayi. It’s called Mr. Mark, and it is a branch of a chain store selling German style breads: well, yes, many of the the breads have been tweaked to suit Taiwanese tastes - pork floss and red bean fillings - but some of the breads are delicious.
It’s at the bottom of Chueiyang Rd. (on the corner of Chueiyang Road and Shinmin Road).

Here’s the website for the chain:

http://www.mrmark.com.tw

You thank the Yeast Gods for bread?

Buttercup wrote: [quote]You thank the Yeast Gods for bread?[/quote]
And other things. Man can not live by bread alone. :wink:

I don’t get it. You’re thanking the gods for yeast infections?

Anyway, thanks for the tip. The next trip to the inlaws won’t be a total waste of a weekend if we can bring back some good bread. I’ve written down the address for future reference. :slight_smile:

The Mother T wrote: [quote]I don’t get it. You’re thanking the gods for yeast infections?[/quote]
Just think of it as added flavour.

[quote]
Anyway, thanks for the tip. The next trip to the inlays won’t be a total waste of a weekend if we can bring back some good bread. I’ve written down the address for future reference. Smile[/quote]
The store is very close to my place. Hint. Jiayi is full of Canadians so I’m always glad to have some intelligent company. It’s a rare treat (these days it’s basically just me getting drunk and talking to myself).

Great. Now there’s two reasons to see Chiayi.

Actually, though, I’ve been very lucky and my wife has spared me the long family pilgrimage lately as she has a new strategy. She drives down Friday morning with our girl, so she can play with her cousins and see the old folks, and comes back Saturday night. It works out great. I’m a free man Friday and Saturday (supposed to be working, being productive) and have Sunday with my family. No complaints here. :slight_smile:

But, if I should be required to travel to Chiayi in the future, I’ll give you a call (and pick up some bread afterwards).

There are quite a few Mr. Mark bakeries in Tapei.