Mrs. Field's Cookies are now in Taiwan

God I can just imagine the diabetes emanating from there. :joy::grin:

Jk

more sweet stuff I can’t afford…

1 Like

On business trips to HK way before COVID-19, I would buy a ton of them from one of their outlets and bring back to Taiwan. Charged to the firm, of course. ha ha

I die for their cream cheese muffins!

I suspect if you eat too many of those things, you may make this statement literal.

Guy

3 Likes

I’m still alive to type this!

Have you tried one?

No I have not. I am unfamiliar with this brand.

Guy

Mrs. Field’s cookies are great, but they’ll be termed too sweet (and too expensive) by the locals and I fear they’ll be out of business within a year or two. Case in point: A Krispy Kreme opened in the Taoyuan HSR station and I was ecstatic. Two years later, to my great dismay, it’s been replaced with a Mr. Donut :doh:

1 Like

I thought the same thing about Krispy Kreme, Coldstone, See’s Candy…hell, even Godiva! But they are all still here, years later.

Times are changing and I think the “too sweet for Taiwanese taste” is fading into folklore. True for a generation or two ago. Not so true anymore.

3 Likes

Have I been here too long? Personally I find their ice cream way too sweet.

2 Likes

So do I. Too sweet to finish on my own. Usually share one. Haven’t had it in at least a year or two.

1 Like

LOL at “too sweet for Taiwanese taste.”

Isn’t that one of the biggest cons of Taiwanese food or non-Taiwanese food that caters to Taiwanese taste? That it’s too sweet? :smile:

1 Like

The best cookies in Taiwan are at Coffee DPT. They make Levain-style cookies that both my wife and I feel are better than Levain because they’re not as rich or sugary.

Miss V is the best casual Western dessert place we’ve found in Taipei so far.

this short bread cookies made in Taiwan are nice too

These are the best cookies i had in asia! i got my fix everytime i went to hong kong. The brownies more specifically. The cookies are good too.

Seriously, there ain’t no better cookies and brownies in taiwan. If this places has closed down before i come back to taiwan i will be pissed!

I hope they carry those hubcap-sized cookies, haven’t had one since I was 7. This time, no parents around to stop me from eating the whole damn thing.

3 Likes

Really…So how come Mr donut is so popular and tea drinks and soda drinks nonsugar are super popular ? :sunglasses:

As long as I am not eating it every day, if it’s good, I don’t mind splurging every now and then.

1 Like

I just received the best Moon Festival gift ever! My student said she waited in line 1.5 hours; naturally, she bought some for her family as well.
And here I am trying to limit my sugar intake. Eh, I don’t care, it’s Mrs. Fields!

7 Likes

You lucky bastard. :drooling_face:

Wait…unless they’ve filled them with red or green bean paste to cater to local tastes. :grimacing:

3 Likes