MRT blue line extension: opening soon?

When will the extension of the blue line past Hsinpu be done? A school near the future terminal stop told me that it will all be open by the end of this month, but I have my doubts. Does anyone know?

June, but I don’t know when … beginning or near the end of the month.

The DORTS website says end of May, but given everything that usually happens around here, I’d say that means November.

That’s what they told me when I first moved to Tuchen.

4 years ago.

… 2008

Originally the Neihu Line was supposed to be completed by 2006…

[quote=“Chris”]Originally the Neihu Line was supposed to be completed by 2006…[/quote]Operational by August 2006 originally. And you can pretty much add at least a year onto any of those projections.

Transportztion Dept. promises publicly that the extension would be open by the end of this month. I live a couple minutes walk from the new terminal station and have noticed furniture being moved in and guards sitting at the entry of each station. I wouldn’t bet money on it but it looks like they will meet or at least come close to this newest projection.

Transportztion Dept. promises publicly that the extension would be open by the end of this month. I live a couple minutes walk from the new terminal station and have noticed furniture being moved in and guards sitting at the entry of each station. I wouldn’t bet money on it but it looks like they will meet or at least come close to this newest projection.[/quote]

Hmm looking ready and being operational are not the same. The swimming pool at Zhengda has looked ready since February, and it’s still not open for use.

[quote=“Enigma”]Transportztion Dept. promises publicly that the extension would be open by the end of this month.[/quote]Are these the same people that said publicly that the high-speed rail would be operational last September?

From what I’ve heard it’s the lights that are still not functional… I have given up any hope that the pool will open up during my semester here.

I guess that the MRT construction won’t proceed any faster now that a guy has died at one of the construction sites as well…

[quote]From what I’ve heard it’s the lights that are still not functional… I have given up any hope that the pool will open up during my semester here.
[/quote]

The sports office website says they’re waiting for a licence. They have been saying that since Feb.

It’s always the same … first build … than apply for license :s why not apply for license, get license, build, open … so easy to follow the rules.

An application could be denied, but when you place the guys issuing the license before a fait accomplit in form of a building of brick and mortar, they will issue the license because “they have no choice.” I’ve seen it happen more than once. Pragmatism, pure and simple:-)

Well this is Taiwan after all, and it will stay this way untill someone uncorruptable stands up, but that’s something I don’t see happening. :s

In my home country, even if it’s build, finished, lived in or used and it stands there for 10 years without a license … break down, destruct … no matter how rich or connected. But it needs a court order first.
It’s been different a long time ago but now a days no mercy … and that’s good.

But, hey we are way :offtopic: so let’s ask again … is the blue line extension going to open?

Off topic, I know, but Zhengda swimming pool is open. Until the 19th of June it is free for students and staff, and not open to the public. After than 40NT for students, and 150NT for the public.

It’s open 6am-10pm except Sundays (6am-6pm)

Maybe they are also waiting for the license? :smiley:

Some days the trains don’t stop at Xinpu and reverse out, they let everyone out and carry on, presumably testing the rest of the line. Apparently the other stations look ready, and some directions to Yongning station have be put up. So it seems they are expecting them to open soon.

Seems the opening date is not far. Have a look here:

taiwannews.com.tw/etn/news_c … TAIWAN_eng

I see that MRT is accepting trial runs this Saturday from Shinpoo to Yungning. They still promise to open on or before the 31st. I was on the line tonight and noticed that the Shinpoo line didnt terminate but continued on without passengers. I’m sure they are trying to get the timing correct. I see this as a positive sign. Yes, I know, there are no guarantees but this sure as hell looks more promising than it has for months.