MRT languages

[quote=“myury”]Just make the announments only in German. That way everyone has to compromise and they’ll be no more bickering.

The old gentleman from Tainan sitting next to you will ask what the voice said and you’ll say that you don’t know, while pretending to look out the window for a landmark. He’ll sigh and you’ll feel a little guilty, but then he’ll pat his hand on your knee and say “The world is confusing sometimes, even to someone as old as me.” Then a conductor will walk past and you’ll stop him politely and ask which station this is, and he’ll look up at the speaker and roll his eyes before turning to face you and saying, “Zhongshan,” in a clear and practiced voice proud to be called back into service to replace the machine that once replaced it. The old man will thank you and close his eyes again and the conductor will nod and walk away with his back a little straighter and a nearby young girl will whisper, “Zhongshan,” to her uniformed classmate and flash you a smile while running off the train.

It would be wonderful actually.[/quote]

and why are you not writing taiwan soap operas?? :slight_smile:

Because his writing is worth reading?

thats what i mean, hes soo good at writing, he can write soaps as well. i mean i got into the scene he described

I’m on ignore to her so delete

Oh, SuchAFob and tommy525 :blush: (that’s a happy blush)

thats what i mean, hes soo good at writing, he can write soaps as well. i mean i got into the scene he described[/quote]

Have you seen the soaps here??

thats what i mean, hes soo good at writing, he can write soaps as well. i mean i got into the scene he described[/quote]

Have you seen the soaps here??[/quote]

some people love taiwan soaps (not i tho) but I certainly think that he/she has the talent to make a difference

[quote=“tommy525”]

I dont mind the trains using all four languages but on the MRT which has a stop every few minutes its quite a cacophony of noises.[/quote]

I might be incorrect on this assumption, but I don’t think Taiwan is built around the concept of avoiding noise.

Matt

[quote=“ILoveItHereButIDoMissSnow”]
I might be incorrect on this assumption, but I don’t think Taiwan is built around the concept of avoiding noise.

Matt[/quote]

What? Speak up! They just lit the firecrackers at the temple across the street.

[quote=“david_in_taipei”][quote=“ILoveItHereButIDoMissSnow”]

Matt[/quote]

What? Speak up! They just lit the firecrackers at the temple across the street.[/quote]

Hold on. Let me sing it into the Karaoke machine for you.