MS Word keyboard shortcut customizations won't stick

Hi, I’ve been customizing my keyboard shortcuts in Word for years, through Tools --> Customize, clicking the keyboard button, and reassigning functions, for example so that Ctrl-R toggles the ruler. A few months ago on the computer at one workplace, however, these cusomizations stopped sticking. That is, they work while the software is still open, but the next time I come into the office, boot, open the software and run it, the customization has vanished. What gives? I’m the only user. It’s Word 2002 (10.6764.6735) SP3, on WinXP 2002 ServPk2. Thanks!!!

It’s probably an Acrobat Pro plugin. :slight_smile: I read one post that says the 7.05 update may be ok.

Thanks, that’s the first lead I’ve had in a month (including after contacting an MS insider pal). But I doubt Acrobat is even installed on that computer (ok, I’ll check, after CNY)…

:slight_smile: no prob. Generally, most questions I’ve seen here can be answered with a 2 minute google search. :slight_smile:

hope it works. There’s more info on usenet (google groups) about toolbar changes–and probably other settings–not sticking.

no prob. hope it works. There’s more info on usenet (google groups) about toolbar changes–and probably other settings–not sticking.