MSN related virus. Watch out!

Hi all… Since this morning, if I’ve logged on to msn, my first message will say

[quote]Hey you can see who’s blocking you on MSN! Download it now http : // www .block-checker. com.[/quote] MOD NOTE - DO NOT GO TO THAT URL!!!

I don’t have this software or want it… and I’m sure as hell not typing it…

Any ideas what to do to get rid of it from my messages?

Cheers

OK… I found a solution now… looks like it was some sort of trojan. got rid of it via a mix of HijackThis, Norton and Ad-Aware…

Mods…you can delete this

Cheers

What a silly piece of programme! I sometimes block people just because I don’t have time to talk to them, but have to log on to talk to just one person (usually my sister who happens to be my boss). I don’t want my friends to think that I’m avoiding them - I just need to work a little every day to stay alive. :s

[quote=“Funk500”]Hi all… Since this morning, if I’ve logged on to msn, my first message will say

Hey you can see who’s blocking you on MSN! Download it now [/url] block-checker.com [/url].

I don’t have this software or want it… and I’m sure as hell not typing it…

Any ideas what to do to get rid of it from my messages?

Cheers[/quote]

Because it’s MSN and people are able to hack it … :smiley:

[quote=“Funk500”]OK… I found a solution now… looks like it was some sort of trojan. got rid of it via a mix of HijackThis, Norton and Ad-Aware…

Mods…you can delete this

Cheers[/quote]

I’d rather not delete it, if that’s OK. It serves to warn others who might get the same message. (I’ve also changed the title accordingly.)

Let me know if you still want me to delete it though.

Irishstu (Tech Mod)

Right, it is Malware / Adware and is described here:

symantec.com/avcenter/venc/d … ecker.html