Multi Visa

I will be in Taiwan from 6 June to 28 August 2010. I received my visa today and it says 60 days. It’s a multi visa. But how does it work? I supplied for a multi visa because I will visit Hong Kong during my stay in Taiwan. Does it mean I will receive 60 new days when I come back to Taiwan from Hong Kong?

Thanks!

Can I extend a multi visa in Taiwan to 90 days?

multiple entry means that you get 60 days (2 extensions allowed if you have family here) and then you have to leave. but, yes, you will get another 60 days upon re-entry.

Great! Can I extend a multiple visa to 90 or 120 days in Taiwan? And what kind of documents do I have to bring with me?

Cheers!

[quote=“evergreen-photo”]Great! Can I extend a multiple visa to 90 or 120 days in Taiwan? And what kind of documents do I have to bring with me?

Cheers![/quote]

you can extend twice per visit for a total of 180 days. you need a relative here in taiwan that will go with you to the police station on the west side. they need to bring their hu kou ming bu (household registration papers). i think that’s it, but i may be wrong… it’s been years since i’ve had to do that.

Are you sure all multiple-entry visas are extendable? Mine was, but it seems I’d read of others’ who had those that weren’t. Look at all the notations on your visa to see if it’s non-extendable.

On what basis are you planning to extend your visa? Staying with family? Studying Chinese?

When I used Chinese classes as the reason, after 60 days I had to take paperwork to the Foreign Affairs Police station to extend, and then monthly after that up to a total of 6 months. At that time I’d make a trip home to see the family, come back and start all over again.