Multilingual Taiwanese seeking employment

Hello, I am Alvis Yu, a Taiwanese multilingual individual who speaks Japanese (intermediate), English (near-native), Taiwanese Hokkien (native), and Chinese/Mandarin (native). I hold a B.A. in Applied English and an M.A. in International Affairs. I currently reside in Japan with a valid Japanese spousal visa (no job restrictions).

Background Information:

1. I am 30 years old and was born and raised in Taiwan.
  2. I have experience living and working with native English speakers for years.
  3. I’ve collected 20-plus English dictionaries, including English stylistic/usage books.
  4. I am a member of Taipei Translators & Interpreters Union and Taiwan Association of Translation and Interpretation.

Achievements:

1. Scored 990 points (the highest possible score) on the TOEIC (the Test of English for International Communication) test without prior overseas exposure.
  2. I have a strong history of demonstrating a high command of overall English skills.
  3. Got accepted to the GITI (Chinese-English pair) at Fu Jen University (one of the leading translation graduate programs on the island) on the first try.
  4. Passed the screening test (Chinese to English) of Linguitronics, the leading translation agency in Taiwan, on the first attempt.

I moved to Tokyo from Taiwan in mid-August, 2016, and currently work as an internal linguist at TransPerfect, the world’s largest language services provider.

However, I’m open to job opportunities where the nature of work is dynamic and interactive (e.g. sales or marketing), so I’m essentially pursuing a new career path now. I can work in Tokyo, Taiwan or remotely.

Apart from my burning passion for language, Rock ‘n’ Roll is also my labor of love. When I am not thinking about language, I sing as a hard rock/heavy metal frontman.

YouTube channel here : http://www.youtube.com/c/AlvisYu
LinkedIn URL: www.linkedin.com/in/alvisyu

If you have any inquiries, you can contact me at alvisspeaking@gmail.com

Thank you for taking your precious time to read this.

This topic was automatically closed after 0 minutes. New replies are no longer allowed.