Multiquote

I understand the rationale behind asking people to multiquote, but is it remotely possible to make this an available forum option? At present there is no convenient way to multiquote on this forum, which seems to me to be a significant oversight in the array of recent useful improvements.

Mmmm, guess not.

What are you talking about?

Forumosa guidelines require us to multiquote, that is to quote everyone we reply to in a single post rather than multiposting. Many Internet forums have this as a forum option. You click on the different posts you’re quoting, and when you hit the quote button they all appear quoted in a single post. This forum does not have that function, making multiquote a laborious business of copy/paste.

Oh, I see, thanks. Yeah, that would be a nice function. Goose Egg?

Thank you for asking about this, Fortigurn

This would require us to modify the code of the forum, and to identify a suitable mod (modification) to handle this. A very quick peek at phpBB.com tells me this hasn’t been written yet (phpbb.com/community/viewtopi … &p=7055295)

I haven’t made any modifications to the code of this new software yet, and have prioritized upgrading Taiwanted. Any help you can provide in finding a stable MultiQuote Mod would be considered a huge favor

Wish I could be more definite at this point. I miss having the Quick Reply box at the bottom of threads, and that’s another phpBB3 mod I hope to find, too

Ok, thanks Goose Egg. I was going to ask about the quick reply box myself, but I didn’t want to push my luck.

I searched around the place, and found a secret ninja edit. Watch this.

[quote=“Fortigurn”]I understand the rationale behind asking people to multiquote, but is it remotely possible to make this an available forum option? At present there is no convenient way to multiquote on this forum, which seems to me to be a significant oversight in the array of recent useful improvements.[/quote][quote=“Fortigurn”]Mmmm, guess not.[/quote][quote=“Dragonbones”]What are you talking about?[/quote][quote=“Fortigurn”]Forumosa guidelines require us to multiquote, that is to quote everyone we reply to in a single post rather than multiposting. Many Internet forums have this as a forum option. You click on the different posts you’re quoting, and when you hit the quote button they all appear quoted in a single post. This forum does not have that function, making multiquote a laborious business of copy/paste.[/quote][quote=“Goose Egg”]Thank you for asking about this, Fortigurn

This would require us to modify the code of the forum, and to identify a suitable mod (modification) to handle this. A very quick peek at phpBB.com tells me this hasn’t been written yet (phpbb.com/community/viewtopi … &p=7055295)

I haven’t made any modifications to the code of this new software yet, and have prioritized upgrading Taiwanted. Any help you can provide in finding a stable MultiQuote Mod would be considered a huge favor

Wish I could be more definite at this point. I miss having the Quick Reply box at the bottom of threads, and that’s another phpBB3 mod I hope to find, too[/quote][quote=“Fortigurn”]Ok, thanks Goose Egg. I was going to ask about the quick reply box myself, but I didn’t want to push my luck.[/quote]

All you do is hit ‘Reply’, and then scroll down through the thread posts displayed in the bottom frame of your screen, hitting the ‘Quote’ button of each post you wish to multiquote. It’s not pretty, but it works and it’s a lot better than copy/pasting.

Oooooo - that’s cool!

I never even noticed the Quote buttons in the review window

Thanks!

Wow, good job Fortigurn! Thanks, that’ll help a lot! :bravo:

You’re welcome guys. Anything to help. :bow: