Murder in front of ATT4FUN

Apparently a group fight broke out in front of Myst last night, possibly between gangs. End result: a dead cop with a knife jammed in his mouth. Surreal photos of hotties in skimpy dresses justaxposed to the slaughtered guy follow.

http://m.appledaily.com.tw/realtimenews/article/new/20140914/469240/

Certainly not something that happens often. Killing a cop? I think they will stop at nothing to catch the person or persons who did this. There is no doubt.

Watching the vid, apparently he was beaten by a group of some fifteen people. A few questions. Why was he by himself , if he was? YOu don’t send one cop to bring order to a whole group of miscreants.

And why did he not shoot? He is armed isn’t he?

Its too bad. He obviously did not do the right things.

Those thugs seemed to be armed with batons of some sort.

I have zero doubt this case will bring national attention in TAiwan and every single one of those who participated in the attack will be caught and brought to justice. And it will be severe.

Cop killing is not tolerated on Taiwan. The cops will use all their mafia connections to bring those responsible to detention.

Yep and they will completely fail to see the irony of that.

Yep and they will completely fail to see the irony of that.[/quote]

Yup thats how the fuzz get their crims on the rock.

Yep and they will completely fail to see the irony of that.[/quote]

Yup thats how the fuzz get their crims on the rock.[/quote]

And I just got to witness that first hand. Just passed by the HsinYi precinct the slain cop was from and emerging from the cop shop was a bunch of sinister dudes (and 1 girl) in black followed by a cop with a video camera and a bunch of other very nervous cops. A fairly heated discussion was underway, I imagine along the lines of “who do we give up, who do we protect?”

Reportedly the cop went there to intermediate between two idiots who were fighting in that disco. I don’t know what lead the situation to have 50 SOB’s killing a cop.

Again, 50 people beating up 1 person.

May be because I don’t frequent those places anymore, but I haven’t seen so may Taiwanese ready to take a fight challenge. But hey, if you have another 49 mates, let’s do it!

50 people hitting and killing 1 person.

Honestly, I would like to see all of them dead, along with the motherfuckers who were knowingly poisoning people with gutter oil.

[quote=“jesus80”]50 people hitting and killing 1 person.
Honestly, I would like to see all of them dead, along with the motherfuckers who were knowingly poisoning people with gutter oil.[/quote]

How brave of them. Reminds me of the time I almost ended up blind on one eye when 4 guys with sticks decided to spice up their saturday night by beating my younger brother and I had to stop them. They could only catch one of them, but that guy was sentenced to 7 years.

I think this kind of people would be better hanging from a tree. Or thrown into a piranha pond.

Hang on. But I thought most of you big noses said Taiwan was a safe place?
4th murder in Taipei alone I’ve read about this week. Just down the road from me, a fire was deliberately started and one person died as a result. That makes 4 murdered 1 culpable.

Taiwan. Safe as fuck. :unamused:

Now go on…get back into your little bubbles and carry on.

[quote=“Blaquesmith”]How brave of them. Reminds me of the time I almost ended up blind on one eye when 4 guys with sticks decided to spice up their saturday night by beating my younger brother and I had to stop them. They could only catch one of them, but that guy was sentenced to 7 years.

I think this kind of people would be better hanging from a tree. Or thrown into a piranha pond.[/quote]
Happy to hear that everything ended up well. 7 years sounds like a lot in Spain though.

That’s how they operate, alone they are cowards until they call their mates and in group they are heroes … or zeroes.

I can’t wait for Taiwan uncontiditional love brigade to chime in and say

1. Taiwan is the safest place on Earth
  2. Taiwanese guys such as the ones in the video are not cowards. It’s just us bignoses who don’t understand their “culture” (imagine me doing air quotes)
  3. The “If you don’t like it leave” approach, rapidly followed by the “IBetIt’sMuchWorseWhereYouComeFrom” attack
  4. Taiwan street food: So convenience! Much Gastronomy. Wow!

I can’t wait for Taiwan uncontiditional love brigade to chime in and say

1. Taiwan is the safest place on Earth
  2. Taiwanese guys such as the ones in the video are not cowards. It’s just us bignoses who don’t understand their “culture” (imagine me doing air quotes)
  3. The “If you don’t like it leave” approach, rapidly followed by the “IBetIt’sMuchWorseWhereYouComeFrom” attack
  4. Taiwan street food: So convenience! Much Gastronomy. Wow!
    [/quote]

If you ever get into trouble with one of them … either take away his phone when he calls his mates and run … or just walk away and hope he doesn’t knock you one over the head from behind … or friggin knock him out and don’t return to that specicific area and hope he doesn’t find out where you live … some people get balistic and knock you over the head with a bb-bat or tire iron. Twice I was lucky because I just walked away after they threatened me, once by a taxi driver that thought it was OK speeding on a narrow mountain road hitting my arm … and once because I told a guy that a pedestrian crossing wasn’t there to park his car … just crazy people! :loco:

Relatively.

Nobody has claimed it’s 100% safe. Yes, bad shit happens here too.

Is that one of those bars with about 90% male clientele?

Always thought those kind of places with mainly men were utter shit. And add the whiskey junkies and narcotic users into the mix and you have a place suitable for idiots.

I frequent a lot of these dance clubs. It’s going to be sad to see the ATT4Fun clubs face regular police “inspections” like 金華城’s do. (I don’t even go to 金華城 anymore, and not only because I’m not a nineteen-year-old who doesn’t know any better or a 臺客-wigger with no future. You’ll lose an hour of drinking and dancing every night to standing around waiting for police to finish these ID checks.)

I’ve discovered that the only dance clubs where Taiwanese men demonstrate even a modicum of good behavior are those where Taiwanese people are the minority (the Latin clubs, the regular places with Latin event nights, the expat bars with dance floors, etc.). They’re really ruining the entire scene, especially for people who like to dance and to meet men/women without facing mob vengeance for damaging fragile egos.

You got to be joking. 90% of the time it’s drunk foreigners stirring shit up. Just 2 weeks ago I saw foreigners going at each other in front of Myst. The average Taiwanese guy is a timid pushover (which also can be seen in their, uh, approach strategy on the dancefloor). And actually, at least in the ATT clubs it’s mostly male-female groups. Even in Luxy which is supposedly famed for rowdy underage kids on ketamine and which gets a police visit every week I virtually never see any questionable or potentially violent situations developing.

I think you need to visit a club in the US or Europe again to regain some perspective…

1 Like

If you’ve never seen a violent situation at Luxy, you haven’t seen much of Luxy.

1 Like

I heard that back in the day if you murder a cop, it’s basically mandatory capital punishment.

I don’t know about now…

50-1. asian style beatdown.

in cowardace and in dumbness. hopefully they get em all.
some reports seem surprised by this… why.

[quote=“Bernadette”]Hang on. But I thought most of you big noses said Taiwan was a safe place?
4th murder in Taipei alone I’ve read about this week. Just down the road from me, a fire was deliberately started and one person died as a result. That makes 4 murdered 1 culpable.[/quote]

How about some hard data? There is no absolute safe or dangerous place; these are two ends of a continuum. Have these recent high-profile media spectacles significantly altered the data? Or is it just observer bias and expat angst driving this and other off-topic posts?

1 Like