Murder Most Foul, and Chinese Police Collusion

This really is a most horrible story. Young teacher brutally murdered (you have to look at the photo to understand why these people are so angry) with the collusion of the PSB (the Public Security Bureau). Really quite depressing. Corruption is not just about badly paid civil servants making a few bob on the side by putting your Whatever Application to the top of the pile. It’s about murdering your wife by slicing her head in two with a cleaver then throwing her out a window and totally getting away with it.

To Get Rich is Glorious, as Deng Xioaping reportedly said. No stranger to “suiciding” himself (his brother was suicided by the Red Guards) or defenestration (his son, crippled for life).

And so it goes.

zonaeuropa.com/20060826_2.htm

Imagine what will happen when the people go out for a NON violent protest.

As for the photo, and I did not read the entire article as it is quite long, how do they know the damage to the teacher’s face was not caused by the fall?

Also, I recommend against clicking on the photo. Think human head pinyata.

It was split down the middle with a cleaver. A blunt trauma such as hitting the ground doesn’t do that. The nose is actually sliced down to the palate and the cranium is perfectly split. The contents of the cranium are entirely missing. In a fall from six stories up the cranium would be damaged, but not split like a coconut so that the brain just falls out. Probably.

Could do, exactly like a coconut. She could also have gone head first into something.

HG

LL, I’m not being argumentative here, but did the story actually say anything about a cleaver? I mean you’d have to be one strong MF to split someone’s skull in two.

Dunno. I can’t even split a coconut with a machette.

No it doesn’t say cleaver in the story.

It did say her body was beaten black and blue and there was a history of domestic violence.

It’s possible the husband might have eaten her brain.

Thanks for sharing, it made my skin crawl and want to go out and do some bodily harm to someone…

Hu’s media crackdown is a tacit acknowledgement that institutional reforms and/or changes are failing. He’s gone really old school CCP. Give China 10 years for the lid to blow off completely.

The sina and sohu blogs are shut down about this. Not even Baidu has any news reports.

Hmmm…

I bet, like me, you’ve been saying this for more than ten years, right? Didn’t happen and now I really don’t think it will. :laughing:

HG

[quote]“The office respects the people’s right to assemble and parade granted under the Constitution, but these actions must not jeopardize the country’s democracy, rule of law or constitutional system,” the Presidential Office stated.

The office expressed hopes that the protest would soon end peacefully and rationally so that people of the city and the country at large could return to peaceful and normal lives.

Nevertheless, the statement cautioned, “Violation of the law and disorder will not be permitted.”[/quote]

And that’s the Taiwanese presidential office. Sounds more like the CCP…

I bet, like me, you’ve been saying this for more than ten years, right? Didn’t happen and now I really don’t think it will. :laughing:

HG[/quote]

Heh, actually no, because under JZ and DXP, it was all about kai fang and so little of this stuff was happening. Hu’s got a different “situation” to manage and he’s gone the way of the traditionalists… going beyond the stop gap measures of letting steam out of the pressure cooker. He’s actually screwing the lid tighter on the pressure cooker. Hu’s authoritarian policies are across the social and economic spectrum. If it continues, who knows, you might get another 6/4 but in different locations of China.

It’s moving that the teachers and students at the school are protesting via the Internet when they know that they could get life imprisonment, torture or death for doing so.
I didn’t check out the picture, but I hope this story spreads all over. And I don’t think China wants to roll out the tanks like they did in Tiananmen - not so close to the 2008 Olympics at least.

[quote=“Sinister Tiddlywinks”]It’s moving that the teachers and students at the school are protesting via the Internet when they know that they could get life imprisonment, torture or death for doing so.
I didn’t check out the picture, but I hope this story spreads all over. And I don’t think China wants to roll out the tanks like they did in Tiananmen - not so close to the 2008 Olympics at least.[/quote]

Yeah, teachers and students… super hard one for the authorities to paint as bad people needing re-education. With Hu, they’ll roll the tanks out faster…

Well, Teachers’ Day is coming soon.
September 28.
So if they really really want to make martyrs out of Dai Hai-jing and her fellow teachers and students, now’s the perfect time to roll the tanks.

They’re trying hard with their digital TV standards, and mobile phone platforms, and of course the Great Firewall, to modify the standards used to transmit and receive information from abroad. But the speed at which a snap can be taken with a camera phone and transmitted to a server abroad defeats any attempt to stop images appearing short of totally cutting off the outside world. Which might happen.