Murtha: Marines "killed innocent civilians in cold blood"

Someone show me that this isn’t true.

[quote=“Rep. John Murtha”]WASHINGTON - A Pentagon probe into the death of Iraqi civilians last November in the Iraqi city of Haditha will show that U.S. Marines “killed innocent civilians in cold blood,” a U.S. lawmaker said Wednesday.

From the beginning, Iraqis in the town of Haditha said U.S. Marines deliberately killed 15 unarmed Iraqi civilians, including seven women and three children.

One young Iraqi girl said the Marines killed six members of her family, including her parents.

I take it with a grain of salt, though I wonder what the true story is. :s

[quote=“Jaboney”]
Please, show me that it ain’t so.[/quote]

I don’t know about “show” but I’m certain somebody will be along any minute now to tell you that it ain’t so.

Whether you decide to believe them, well…

…sniff…sniff…sniff…do I smell arousal in the air?.. :unamused:

This incedent is currently under investigation and as of this a.m.3 Marines are under custody pending completeion of the investigation.
I do not believe you wil find anyone condoning or attempting to justify what may have occurred.
Quite stupid to make that assertion, IMO.

What assertion are you talking about?

I don’t want to put words in TC’s mouth, but I assume that he’s referring to the chief’s statement

implying that one of our conservative brethren will immediately start jumping in and saying that the Marines couldn’t possibly have done this, it’s anti-American propaganda etc.

While I agree with TC that nobody on Forumosa would do that, in the greater VRWC the wingnuts are already demanding that Murtha be hauled away in handcuffs and be tried for treason (when they’re not calling for Dubbya’s impeachment, that is)

Army Times

"The Marine Corps originally claimed that a convoy from the Camp Pendleton, Calif.-based Kilo Company, 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines, hit a roadside bomb that killed Lance Cpl. Miguel Terrazas, 20, of El Paso, Texas, and the ensuing firefight killed 15 Iraqi civilians

That quote is from an interesting essay on CounterPunch.org:

http://www.counterpunch.org/swindell05042006.html

War is Hell. Especially for civilians. For the Women and Children. Always has been & always will be.
And I don’t think the term “cold blooded” applies here. More Like “hot blooded”.

If someone planted a bomb in the middle of the street in front of your house, how could you not know it and not warn the authorities? And then when the terriosts started shooting from your house how could you not expect the marines to shoot back and assualt the house?? Some of you posters need a serious reality check. :loco:

[quote=“TheGingerMan”]War is Hell. Especially for civilians. For the Women and Children. Always has been & always will be.
[/quote]

truth in the digital age. get it while it’s fresh.

:unamused: I don’t see the connection to the scandal - sorry if I am missing something.

It seems as if these civilians, including children, were shot execution style by members of the US Marine Corps, one of the services which I have huge respect for. I was shocked to read about this when it first came to light. That is why the essay by Swindell hit home for me:

http://www.counterpunch.org/swindell05042006.html

The combat fatigue, confusion, stressors, more confusion, widespread bad-feelings toward “private contractors”

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/warriors/

and depression will cause a few people to snap.

I am not posting this because I want the US to fail or because I am generally anti-American; I am in anguish that this nation is almost universally despised and is getting weaker and more indebted with every hour!

The reality is that an illegal and unjust war has turned into an imperial occupation and civil war. It is a quagmire.

The irony, the irony . . .

"A little-known massacre at a village where residents tried to assassinate Saddam Hussein in 1982 will be the focus of the first case in the trial of the former Iraqi president, it emerged yesterday.

Dozens of people were killed in reprisal after the president’s convoy was fired on as it drove through Dujail, a predominantly Shia farming village 40 miles north of Baghdad. . . .

Locals hostile to his Ba’athist regime set up an ambush after a tip-off that his convoy would pass through the area. They fired on the vehicles and apparently killed several guards but failed to wound the president, who was in an armoured car.

Within hours, security forces arrived to wreak vengeance, according to survivors. At least 15 people were said to have been executed immediately and 143 others were executed after show trials. . . . "

I don’t want to put words in TC’s mouth, but I assume that he’s referring to the chief’s statement

[b]implying that one of our conservative brethren will immediately start jumping in and saying that the Marines couldn’t possibly have done this, it’s anti-American propaganda etc.

While I agree with TC that nobody on Forumosa would do that,[/b] in the greater VRWC the wingnuts are already demanding that Murtha be hauled away in handcuffs and be tried for treason (when they’re not calling for Dubbya’s impeachment, that is)[/quote]

In light of Shin-gua’s post, can I withdraw the part in bold?

Regardless of the final outcome, I believe John Murtha has no business holding a press conference to announce his “conviction” of these Marines before the Marines submit their final report.
His only purpose is to bolster his “cut and run” proposals of the recent past.

MikeN -
No, not referring to the Chiefs post. I was referring to the straw man set-up that a ‘conservative’ poster would make a claim that to call for scrutiny of this incedent would be condemmed as “anti-American.” That straw-man or BS claim, IMO, is self-serving and stupid.

[quote=“MikeN”]…in the greater VRWC the wingnuts are already demanding that Murtha be hauled away in handcuffs and be tried for treason (when they’re not calling for Dubbya’s impeachment, that is)[/quote]…Looks like an attempt at dis-information and sowing seeds of polarization on yr part there MikeN.
I have heard and seen uni-lateral calls for a thorough investigation into this incident. Which, BTW, occurred I believe in Nov 2005 and was brought to the military’s attention almost immediately.
IMO, its more grand-standing by Murtha and his ilk…" George Bush is baaadd…mmmkay?"

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]I was referring to the straw man set-up that a ‘conservative’ poster would make a claim that to call for scrutiny of this incedent would be condemmed as “anti-American.” That straw-man or BS claim, IMO, is self-serving and stupid.[/quote]But unfortunately far from wrong.

[quote=“Tetsuo”][quote=“TainanCowboy”]I was referring to the straw man set-up that a ‘conservative’ poster would make a claim that to call for scrutiny of this incedent would be condemmed as “anti-American.” That straw-man or BS claim, IMO, is self-serving and stupid.[/quote]But unfortunately far from wrong.[/quote]Tetsuo -
When and if such a post shows up here, you have my permission and ful support in calling them a DumbShit…Go Get 'Em!:beer:

[quote=“s.b.”][quote=“TheGingerMan”]War is Hell. Especially for civilians. For the Women and Children. Always has been & always will be.
[/quote]

truth in the digital age. get it while it’s fresh.[/quote]

this has nothing to do with the digital age. this goes WAY back. While I’m not sure about the reports of marines executing civvies, it is a definite fact of primal warfare (which is what the infantry do) that innocents will be caught in the crossfire. Study ANY war in ANY culture and one would find the same patterns…

but then I’m biased. I would elevate the word of a grunt on the ground far above that of some politician or any other REMF…

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]

[quote=“MikeN”]…in the greater VRWC the wingnuts are already demanding that Murtha be hauled away in handcuffs and be tried for treason (when they’re not calling for Dubbya’s impeachment, that is)[/quote]…Looks like an attempt at dis-information and sowing seeds of polarization on yr part there MikeN.
I have heard and seen uni-lateral calls for a thorough investigation into this incident. Which, BTW, occurred I believe in Nov 2005 and was brought to the military’s attention almost immediately.
IMO, its more grand-standing by Murtha and his ilk…" George Bush is baaadd…mmmkay?"[/quote]

californiaconservative.org/?p=3091
California Conservative

Uhhh…MikeN…you selectively quote one sentence from a blog that suffices for your agenda. Piss poor, IMO.
read my posts again.. Who, here on Forumosa.com, is using this type of rhetoric?

[quote]MikeN -
No, not referring to the Chiefs post. I was referring to the straw man set-up that a ‘conservative’ poster would make a claim that to call for scrutiny of this incedent would be condemmed as “anti-American.” That straw-man or BS claim, IMO, is self-serving and stupid. [/quote]

[quote]Tetsuo wrote:
TainanCowboy wrote:
I was referring to the straw man set-up that a ‘conservative’ poster would make a claim that to call for scrutiny of this incedent would be condemmed as “anti-American.” That straw-man or BS claim, IMO, is self-serving and stupid.
But unfortunately far from wrong.
Tetsuo -
When and if such a post shows up here, you have my permission and ful support in calling them a DumbShit…Go Get 'Em!.. Beer[/quote]
Sorry MikeN, this doesn’t do squat to prove any agenda you might be pushing.
How about devoting these energies to supporting the Troops at war in Iraq & Afghanistan?

But thanks for directing folks to this blog, californiaconservative.org, if they read this blog and click on some of the links, they will certainly find some excellent information. :bravo: