Mushrooms of the Day

20190707_112914

1 Like

Mushrooms are growing quickly.

20190731_171046

yesterday and today.

1 Like

Its also Ganoderma season now. The west should be ready to pick maybe even last month with all that rain. Drier areas starting now

1 Like
4 Likes

For a minute there I thought this was a spoof from The Onion about humans turning into mushrooms …

How can nobody have ever noticed these before? Maybe mushrooms are evolving to mimic their predators’ appearance …

3 Likes

This is an opossum carcass apparently.

2 Likes

Does this count?

3 Likes

When one starts researching and observing fungal function, evolution and intention he or she tends to rethink everything they once “knew” about biology. They are a fascinating group that people know next to nothing about.

Though my favorite are still the bioluminescent types. It took 14 years of on and off searching, but i have my patches of mycena i visit regularly when in season. Super cool fungi.

2 Likes

Some of the crazy stuff. Used tomcollect thesenfornchinese medicine doctors. Lots of new species being discovered as well…lets hope they dont make it over tonvertebtates!

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4527712/

1 Like

your Bikini is showing.

The evolution of mushrooms…

A fine introduction to…

They also have a much better specimen of common stinkhorn that the ones we saw earlier. I wonder if @mad_masala finds this one less mouth-watering… or more. :thinking:

Let’s end with these fine specimens of…

:brain: :mushroom: :yum:

3 Likes

We get your subtle hints of life on earth beingbcaused by spores planted on asteroids by your people… the fallic and brain fungi gave you away :wink: orrr you just have a fascinating web browser history. No judgement.

2 Likes

Oh no, our organs don’t look like that! And the spores predate even our great civilization’s contact with your planet.

1 Like

I only accused your kind of planting spores, not being them. Yeesh, aliens are kinda fragile eh.

Huh? I was saying we don’t take credit for seeding your planet with spores. The Great Spores of Yore are, like, the ur-aliens. :mushroom: :fist: Respect!

What about this?

2 Likes

It also does wonders with Christmas trees.

1 Like

Mushrooms DNA are close to human DNA interesting…

1 Like