Music Personality Quiz

My Music Personality

complex=33

People with low scores on the reflective and complex music-preference dimension tend to be traditional, physically active, and prefer the straightforward to the complex. In addition, they’re also socially dominant and, compared to high scores on this dimension, don’t place much value on the fine arts. When not watching their favorite sitcoms, they enjoy watching comedy movies, action movies, musicals, or children’s movies.

edgy=64

People with high scores on the energetic and aggressive music-preference dimension tend to enjoy taking risks and engaging in thrilling experiences. They also tend to be dominant, imaginative, and energetic. They tend to be politically liberal, and believe that freedom, independence, and excitement are important aspects of life. When it comes to lifestyle, lovers of edgy and aggressive music, tend to come from the middle to lower classes. As for media entertainment, they’re likely to enjoy watching action, science fiction, fantasy, war, and horror movies.

fun=13

People with low scores on the fun and simple music-preference dimension tend to introverted, unconventional, and artistic. When it comes to morals and values, chances are that they lean toward the liberal side, and consider beauty and inner harmony important principles in life. When selecting a movie to watch, they prefer suspense movies, cult movies, or foreign films.

energetic=26

People with low scores on the energetic and upbeat music-preference dimension tend to be introverted, less assertive than the average person, and detail oriented. As for politics and values, they tend to lean to the conservative side, and value intellect, ambition, and high art. When it comes to lifestyle, low scorers on the energetic and upbeat dimension often come from the middle and upper classes. When they’re not reading, they’re probably watching a romance movie, classic film, or western movie.

Yeah, that all sounds about right, if contradictory.

I don’t get it. They ask you questions about what kind of music you like and what kind of personality you have and then they tell you what kind of music you like and what type of personality you have. Why do they need your ZIP codes?

96 % enjoys reflective and complex music
43 % enjoys edgy and aggressive music
33 % enjoys fun and simple music
45 % enjoys energetic and upbeat music

[quote]Based on your responses, you scored above average on the reflective and complex music-preference dimension. Research in our laboratory indicates that people high on this dimension, like you, often have the following characteristics:

People with high scores on the reflective and complex music-preference dimension tend to be open to new experiences, creative, intellectual, and enjoy trying new things. When it comes to politics, they tend to lean toward the liberal side. Wisdom, diversity, and fine arts are all important to them. When it comes to lifestyle, high scorers tend to be sophisticated, and relatively well off financially. After a hard day of work, if they’re not listening to music or reading a book, they enjoy documentary films, independent, classic, or foreign films.[/quote]

Me to a tee. I’ve lately been on an Eric Clapton/Gomez/Paul McCartney jag on my media player and I am in the middle of reading two books.

[quote]Based on your responses, you scored below average on the edgy and aggressive music-preference dimension. Research in our laboratory indicates that people low on this dimension, like you, often have the following characteristics:

People with low scores on the energetic and aggressive music-preference dimension don’t get their kicks on skydiving or rock climbing. They tend to be friendly, less assertive than the average person, and conventional. They tend to place a lot of importance on family security, salvation, and tranquility. When they’re not listening to music, watching television, or reading a book, they probably enjoy watching a dramatic movie, major motion picture, romance movie, or classic film.[/quote]
Well, kinda…

[quote]Based on your responses, you scored below average on the fun and simple music-preference dimension. Research in our laboratory indicates that people low on this dimension, like you, often have the following characteristics:

People with low scores on the fun and simple music-preference dimension tend to introverted, unconventional, and artistic. When it comes to morals and values, chances are that they lean toward the liberal side, and consider beauty and inner harmony important principles in life. When selecting a movie to watch, they prefer suspense movies, cult movies, or foreign films.[/quote]
Could the Rocky Horror Picture Show count twice as being a foreign cult film since it’s British?

[ul][li]98% enjoys reflective and complex music [/li]
[li]43% enjoys edgy and aggressive music [/li]
[li]33% enjoys fun and simple music [/li]
[li]18% enjoys energetic and upbeat music[/li][/ul]
I wouldn’t say that I don’t enjoy fun and simple music or energetic and upbeat music, because I certainly do. But I suppose it’s all relative.

Interestingly, the result on the first score says that in politics I am among people who “tend to lean toward the liberal side.” The result on the last score says the opposite. :expressionless:

Exactly except that in my case it managed to get it all wrong. This has to be the crappest test I’ve ever done online.

brian

28% enjoys reflective and complex music

87% enjoys edgy and aggressive music

1% enjoys fun and simple music

0% enjoys energetic and upbeat music

fairly accurate I’d say

86% enjoys reflective and complex music

1% enjoys edgy and aggressive music

86%% enjoys fun and simple music

1% enjoys energetic and upbeat music

Oversimplification on the last one – they claim only those who enjoy hiphop and rap are energetic and enthusiastic — huh??? According to them, I’m both a political liberal and a political conservative…oh well, it was free…