Music to make you smarter?

Anyone checked out this: imusicseries.com Its a site that sells modified music with the claim that it does it all sorts of great things for your brain power. I could surely use some of that. Sounds too good to be true, even if the site is full of scientific studies, before and after brain images, and testimonials.

Anyone had any experience with this sort of ‘brain entrainment’ technology? Or interested in joining me in a purchase? Volumes 1, 2, or 4 look good to me.

I’ve heard that such technology works especially in cases of gullibility and those that are intellectually challenged.

I’ve used the Mozart effect series to study by. I have no complaint. It’s really worked well.

So which one have you ordered then? :wink: (damn, that was easy)

Seriously, there’s shit loads of studies saying that it does work. Like you I’m a doubter; mainly because a google search turned up no reviews. Most cool stuff has plenty of reviews to be found on blogs and forums. Curious that there’s nothing to be found (I haven’t looked to hard, tho). Maybe the users are all too busy being brainy and capable and/or don’t want to share the benefits with the rest of us.

Seriously, there’s shit loads of studies saying that it does work. Like you I’m a doubter; mainly because a google search turned up no reviews. Most cool stuff has plenty of reviews to be found on blogs and forums. Curious that there’s nothing to be found (I haven’t looked to hard, tho). Maybe the users are all too busy being brainy and capable and/or don’t want to share the benefits with the rest of us.[/quote]

I have the complete set

Maybe it has a calming effect enabling you to study more effectively, but before we reach out teens, our IQ is set.

I tried sitting an IQ test when sober and then smoked a joint and whilst it took longer the 2nd time, I got pretty much the same score.

Seriously, there’s shit loads of studies saying that it does work. Like you I’m a doubter; mainly because a google search turned up no reviews. Most cool stuff has plenty of reviews to be found on blogs and forums. Curious that there’s nothing to be found (I haven’t looked to hard, tho). Maybe the users are all too busy being brainy and capable and/or don’t want to share the benefits with the rest of us.[/quote]

I have the complete set[/quote]

Ha. You’ve wandered: the topic is iMusic, not 711 Snoopy cards. But hey, credit where its due :bravo:

I have the complete set[/quote]

Ha. You’ve wandered: the topic is iMusic, not 711 Snoopy cards. But hey, credit where its due :bravo:[/quote]

You got me again! I better start listening to this music…

By ‘music’ I presume you mean, ‘Independant-Modulating-Acoustics-Generator for Inducing-Neuro-Cognition-Entrainment’ - as they put in on their web page.

Which, furthermore, with, ‘zero training, commitment, discipline, or effort’, will lead to all sorts of improvements; including your ability to, ‘conversationalize’.

Just reading that front page makes me feel like a bit of a fool.

I’m still the sucker, tho, and think there’s something to it. Hyped and exaggerated, yes, but, still there. The whole accelerated learning movement inspired a number of studies showing the benefits of certain types of beats, rhythms, and frequencies on the brain’s performance. iMusic has just taken this ball and run with it.

Dial, thats exactly what it is designed to do. Make people feel like they are out of their depth

That is something of a nonsense.

I also had a look at their website and found that it was very much a sales spin. However, I didn’t see any recognized independent scientific study conducted which supports any of their claims. Taking out patents and quoting a bunch of people is all typical of this kind of thing.

I think if there were clearly real benefits to this kind of technology it would have become much more mainstream already. I’m not a skeptic that we can change our minds. I really believe its possible. Perhaps humankind is, within our lifetimes, on the verge of mental revolution, however I don’t believe that imusic will necessarily deliver all that is promises.

[quote=“Tyc00n”]Dial, thats exactly what it is designed to do. Make people feel like they are out of their depth

That is something of a nonsense.

I also had a look at their website and found that it was very much a sales spin. However, I didn’t see any recognized independent scientific study conducted which supports any of their claims. Taking out patents and quoting a bunch of people is all typical of this kind of thing.

I think if there were clearly real benefits to this kind of technology it would have become much more mainstream already. I’m not a skeptic that we can change our minds. I really believe its possible. Perhaps humankind is, within our lifetimes, on the verge of mental revolution, however I don’t believe that imusic will necessarily deliver all that is promises.[/quote]

Yeh, I pretty much agree with you Tyc00n. When I said I felt like a fool, I didn’t mean because they were so damn smart, but more because of all the stupid terms. In which case my belief ain’t so clever.

Still something to it, tho. Just a lot less than they say. Shame, coz, I was looking forward to some huge brain power. Ha.

Here it is; the story of my romance with iMusic summed up by one emoticon :noway: