Musical Garbage Trucks

It is in Bitan – well the opening bars, anyway. Maybe you’re thinking of the pre-garbage truck scooter that comes around warning that the garbage truck is coming. They play a different tune.

Well I’ve never lived in Taipei so maybe the garbage truck music is different there. But I’ve lived in Tainan, Taidong, Hualian, Pingdong, Jiayi, and Miaoli (in that order), and the garbage truck music is definitely not Fur Elise in all of those places. I’m sure because I can play Fur Elise on the piano, but I can’t play the garbage truck song.

By the way, I’ve never seen the “pre-garbage truck scooter”, either. So I guess a lot of things must be different in Taipei.

I can hear it now…the same tune for introducing the Anaheim Mighty Ducks, but instead of saying “Here come the Mighty Ducks,” it chants “Here come the garbage trucks.”

Did a quick search and found that the music played on the garbage trucks is called “The Maidens’ Prayer”, composed by T. Badarzewska (1834 - 1864).

Does anyone know what the song is that is played on the recycling trucks? The one that follows the garbage truck is so warped that I can’t figure it out.

[quote]Did a quick search and found that the music played on the garbage trucks is called “The Maidens’ Prayer”, composed by T. Badarzewska (1834 - 1864).
[/quote]
Not in Bitan. That’s what the pre-garbage truck scooters play, though.

Totallytika,

You’re absolutely right! I just found a MIDI file for “The Maiden’s Prayer” by Tekla Badarzewska, and it is exactly the same as the music that the garbage trucks play (except in Taipei and Tainan). Click here to listen to it. (It’s from this website.)

By the way, click here to hear “Fur Elise” (from this website).

[quote=“Mark Nagel”]Totallytika,

You’re absolutely right! I just found a MIDI file for “The Maiden’s Prayer” by Tekla Badarzewska, and it is exactly the same as the music that the garbage trucks play (except in Taipei and Tainan). Click here to listen to it. (It’s from this website.)

By the way, click here to hear “Fur Elise” (from this website).[/quote]

I live in the heart of Taipei (Zhongshan District) and I hear Maiden’s Prayer played by the trucks, I swear.

What the hell is that song?
I know its familiar…
D

Where I am in Taichung we get The Maiden’s Prayer and Fur Elise, sometimes at the same time (from two different trucks). Charles Ives would be proud.

Thats it!
Thanks
D

We got the Maiden’s Prayer in Neihu. I heard the same song (identical in every way to the Taiwanese garbage trucks song) coming from an ice cream truck in Louisville, Kentucky a couple years ago.

As for the recycling trucks, they play “Chu Kan-a Tong Bei Bo” (“Any wine jugs for sale?”), which is apparently from a movie about recyclers. The cry is along the lines of “New lamps for old!” or “Any old iron?”

I spent my first week loking for the ice cream man

lol now thats funny LOL ice cream :smiley:

[quote=“Chris”]As for the recycling trucks, they play “Chu Kan-a Tong Bei Bo” (“Any wine jugs for sale?”), which is apparently from a movie about recyclers. The cry is along the lines of “New lamps for old!” or “Any old iron?”[/quote]Is that a rather mournful, slow tune? I quite like that and definitely prefer it to the Maiden’s Prayer and the massacred Furry Leaves.

are you making fun of my anectote or do you truly find it humorous?

as the author of said comment I hardly find it worthy of response myself but for you, a stranger,to put “lol” comments after my post,well maybe I am funny,just maybe I can write humorous and witty stories,maybe you like me, you really like me.

but actually I think you are being sarcastic

In Tianmu our truck plays “Maiden Prayer.” When I was in Chungli, the trucks played either “Maiden’s Prayer” or “Fur Elise” depending on the day. The Ice Cream man in Chungli, a guy on a bike with a insulated styrofoam cooler taped on back, had a blow-horn through which a distorted-to-the-point-of-a-mumble “Bing-qi-lin” could be heard.

Noticed a recent thread on garbage trucks and decided to resurrect a thread from a while back with this humble contribution.

The other day, I realized what the pre-garbage truck scooter music in my neighborhood is. It

I used to have the garbage truck song (not Fur Elise) as my ringtone while I was in Taiwan. THAT turned quite a few heads especially on busses. :smiley: Had to enter it manually though as I wasn’t sure what the name of it was.

When you first get to Taiwan it’s evil. After, it’s annyoing and continues to be.

:roflmao: :roflmao: