Musical Recommendation Needed

So my noisy neighbors play loud music at 12-3 AM after work on weekdays, and it is keeping everyone up, including my kids that have school the next day.

I’ve tried to politely ask them to keep it down/get some soundproofing/turn the bass down late at night several times to no avail.

Since they won’t stop, I feel my only choice is to blast them back with the most unpleasant sounding music possible to combat them, until they get the idea.

What music would send the most effective message if blasted back at the neighbors house at high volume late at night?

Any suggestions appreciated.

4 Likes

Some viking death metal should work

4 Likes

Both fine suggestions. I thought this might work as well. Or perhaps can mix them up.

Top Ten Military Bagpipe Marching Tunes - YouTube

1 Like

Obscure Kiwi cult classic.

2 Likes

I’m considering this band for mocking my neighbour’s shouting. There’s some similarity when he’s enraged.

3 Likes

Another possible strategy…

4 Likes

Psychological warfare. A single song that is repeated over and over.

A childhood song:

An obnoxious song:

Or you can do something that is really loved in Taiwan. I once drove a guy crazy with Louis Armstrong’s What a Wonderful World. I was in charge of the stereo at a party. He loved it the first time around. I mean singing along and rocking back and forth love. Got a bit ticked off the second time. A little while later for the third go, he was really, really unhappy about things.

1 Like
2 Likes

Obviously, it should be this gem:

2 Likes

Ha finally a good thread. Skinny Puppy was supposedly popular with the US military for such purposes

Someone mentioned Add N to X lately, solid

Loads of fun demo scene stuff, something new every day really

The complex rhythms of hardcore techno may not appeal to some at high volume

Just with Autechre you could start exploring the space pretty well, get into IDM a bit

Or some gabber!

2 Likes
1 Like

I like that Skinny Puppy idea. Here’s a good one. From my frat hell week days.

2 Likes

Related to my own problem with noisy neighbors… I start to lean towards the ami tofu or perhaps some other death related tune, not necessarily fully cranked volume. Maybe to scare them off is better than to confront them.

Try it and let me know about the results.

2 Likes

Can’t go wrong with that :rofl:

2 Likes

2 Likes

Once I got this CD for Christmas and put it on (still have it). In the grand family tradition, my sister-in-law and my grandmother got into a “discussion” about religion (they’re both religious and opinionated). As the discussion got more and more heated, Bolero was working its way up to its crescendo. Me and my brother had a good laugh over it.

I doubt it will bother the neighbors too much though!

2 Likes

This is one of my favorite remixes, the neighbors would probably like it though

1 Like

Sounds like a scene out of a Woody Allen movie. :grin:

1 Like

Nice one, never heard the remix before!
One of my fav back in the days was this (just for the vocal samples :smile: )

1 Like