Muslim Poem Labels Quebec Women as Sluts

The storm of controversy raised by a small village in Quebec that announced a code of societal norms for Herouxville has a new aspect to it.

Muslims seem to be validating the need for such a code. The poet, Haydar Moussa, was part of a delegation that went to the town preaching respect and an end to stereotypes. What kind of dialogue do these Muslim women and men want? That they support their oppression which the “code” is clearly against?

The defense of Western values is spreading throughout Quebec and what does the government do?It creates a special commission to study the issue. Personally, I hope other hamlets and towns adopt such measures.

The declaration, passed by the town council last month, says a person’s face should not be covered, except at Halloween, and that children should sing Christmas songs in December. It warns would-be immigrants that women can vote, drive and dance if they choose. It says adults can drink alcohol and children cannot bring weapons, religiously symbolic or not, to school despite a Supreme Court of Canada ruling that has already upheld that right for Sikh Canadians.

canada.com/victoriatimescolo … cf&k=16810

It’s poetry for god’s sake. Who will read it?

Whores and hockey players.

“Which team did she play for?”

Whores? Hockey players? Heck, at least they’re not poets – nothing more useless than that other than scribbling endlessly online. She might as well go start a blog for her poetry.

Here’s a quick re-edit that takes away all the nastiness:

My veil is not a kerchief
It’s my skin/My modesty, my dignity, my respect.
And if you, old-stock immigrant woman
You have a different faith and secular law
And you spent your youth skating
And went from one store to the next
That’s not the case for me.

Quebecers aren’t sluts. They’re racists. At least 59% of them, anyways.

[quote]Fifty-nine per cent of Quebecers admit to being racist to some degree, according to a Léger Marketing survey published Monday in Le Journal de Montréal.

In comparison, only 47 per cent of those outside Quebec say they are racist to some degree.

Among Quebecers, most (43 per cent) said they were only mildly racist, while 15 per cent said they were moderately racist and only one per cent responded that they were very racist.
[/quote]

cbc.ca/canada/story/2007/01/ … acism.html

Who funds the CBC?

Canadians.

The canadian government.

cbc.radio-canada.ca/home.asp

Thanks guys…I wasn’t sure.

Canadians.[/quote]

Not the CIA?

No, the CIA funds Forumosa.

QUIET, you fool! :sunglasses:

I see no problem here. The poem did not use the word “slut,” which is imprecise and open to interpretation. Rather, it insinuated that Quebec women tend to have a succession of sexual partners. This appears to be perfectly true. Or is the complaint that Islam looks upon such behavior (at least when practiced by women) with disapproval, unlike the wink-and-nudge policy of the Catholic church?

Quebec women are sluts. God bless 'em.

And yes, Canadian women are also very racist. Thank goodness for that, if they weren’t, they’d be dating locals, like the American girls do, and I wouldn’t be able to get so much easy action.

See you at Vibe, ladies. :rainbow:

Omigod, those evil bigoted intolerant Islamofascists are saying the same thing as…Christian Fundies.

You know Dinesh D’souza is right - it is the fault of us godless lefties who believe in equality for gays, believe women have the right to control their bodies, and that governments should be secular and not theocracies, that Osama was forced to teach us a lesson on 9/11.

[quote=“MikeN”]Omigod, those evil bigoted intolerant Islamofascists are saying the same thing as…Christian Fundies.

You know Dinesh D’souza is right - it is the fault of us godless lefties who believe in equality for gays, believe women have the right to control their bodies, and that governments should be secular and not theocracies, that Osama was forced to teach us a lesson on 9/11.[/quote]

My, my…the paranoia is so thick here I can cut it with a knife.

Out of curiosity, other than Vatican City, can you give us an example of a Christian theocratic state?

No. But what does that have to do with women from Quebec being sluts?

JDSmith wins.

[quote]My veil is not a kerchief
It’s my skin/My modesty, my dignity, my respect.
And if you, old-stock immigrant woman
You have neither faith nor law
And you spent your youth drunk
And went from one male to the next
That’s not the case for me." [/quote]

btw, this poems blows goats.