Muslim Poem Labels Quebec Women as Sluts

I picked up a slut from Quebec outside of Vatican City. She loved my mortadella américaine.

Wow, from erudite literary challenger to slut-porker in just three posts… we’re all very impressed!

There once was a girl from Quebec
who had a most flexible neck…

Don’t give up now. Follow through to the end, shakespeare!

I’m all for diversity…go ahead and add a few lines…maybe include the word “hijab” :laughing:

No, that’s the muslims who wear the hijab, not the quebec sluts. Sigh. So confused.

You’re not into dress up? Playing “Lawrence of Arabia” with Monique and Celine? That shows a [i]complete[/i] lack of imagination.

Your belief that you are possessed of a mortadella americaine, however, shows that yours is alive and thriving! kudos!

I’m sure Canada has a lot to look forward to in the coming years. First it’s a bad poem, and then…

[quote]Feminist Daily News Wire
July 8, 2005
Acid Attacks on Iraqi Women Increase
Several Iraqi women have been burned by acid attacks during recent weeks in Baghdad and the western province of Anbar. Acid attacks are a form of violence against women where acid is thrown at or sprayed on women’s faces, legs, or other exposed body parts, in order to punish women in this case for not wearing the ‘abaya,’ a long black cloak that only reveals the nose, mouth, eyes, and hands.

Hania Abdul-Jabbar, a university student, had acid thrown on her face and legs by three men for not wearing the veil out in public. “They cut all my hair off while hitting me in the face many times, telling me it’s the price for not obeying God’s wish in using the veil,” according to IRIN News. Today Abdul-Jabbar is blind in one eye, and her face is completely deformed due to the acid attack.

Since Hussein’s removal in 2003, at least five women have been killed in Anbar for not obeying orders by religious extremists to wear the veil and women continue to be threatened today, IRIN News reports.

Despite such threats, many Iraqi women refuse to be intimidated by religious extremists. Hiba Zuheir, who is 24 years old, explained, “I won’t force myself to use something that I don’t feel comfortable with. Women in Iraq are losing their place in society and we have to fight that and determine who we are and how we should dress, despite these dangers,” according to IRIN News. [/quote]

feminist.org/news/newsbyte/u … sp?id=9145

Same kind of thing has been happening in other parts of the Islamic world for years. Will the Islamophobia ever end?

[quote=“Doctor Evil”][quote=“MikeN”]Omigod, those evil bigoted intolerant Islamofascists are saying the same thing as…Christian Fundies.

You know Dinesh D’souza is right - it is the fault of us godless lefties who believe in equality for gays, believe women have the right to control their bodies, and that governments should be secular and not theocracies, that Osama was forced to teach us a lesson on 9/11.[/quote]

My, my…the paranoia is so thick here I can cut it with a knife.[/quote]

Talk to the Hoover Institute Fellow, not me- he’s the one who wrote the book saying exactly that- and that how good god-fearing conservatives should unite with their Muslim soul-mates to clean up those religion-hating homo-loving baby-killing feminazi perverts in Hollywood who are defiling the image of America and the West, causing bin Laden & Co. to fly airliners into buildings.

And as William Donohue of the Catholic League pointed out, it’s the secular Jews who run Hollywood and hate Christians.

(Interesting formulation, that- it’s not because of their religion, it’s because of their race- the sober man’s Mel Gibson. )

It’s not for lack of trying.

rollingstone.com/politics/story/

I realise of course that the Republican money men hold in contempt the Fundies- the ‘wackos’- and of course that’s why, even holding control of the Presidency and both Houses, they never implement the Christian Right’s program- keep’em agitated, and it keeps the contribution and votes flowing in.

[quote=“gao_bo_han”]I’m sure Canada has a lot to look forward to in the coming years. First it’s a bad poem, and then…

[quote]Feminist Daily News Wire
July 8, 2005
Acid Attacks on Iraqi Women Increase
Several Iraqi women have been burned by acid attacks during recent weeks in Baghdad and the western province of Anbar. Acid attacks are a form of violence against women where acid is thrown at or sprayed on women’s faces, legs, or other exposed body parts, in order to punish women in this case for not wearing the ‘abaya,’ a long black cloak that only reveals the nose, mouth, eyes, and hands.

Hania Abdul-Jabbar, a university student, had acid thrown on her face and legs by three men for not wearing the veil out in public. “They cut all my hair off while hitting me in the face many times, telling me it’s the price for not obeying God’s wish in using the veil,” according to IRIN News. Today Abdul-Jabbar is blind in one eye, and her face is completely deformed due to the acid attack.

Since Hussein’s removal in 2003, at least five women have been killed in Anbar for not obeying orders by religious extremists to wear the veil and women continue to be threatened today, IRIN News reports.

Despite such threats, many Iraqi women refuse to be intimidated by religious extremists. Hiba Zuheir, who is 24 years old, explained, “I won’t force myself to use something that I don’t feel comfortable with. Women in Iraq are losing their place in society and we have to fight that and determine who we are and how we should dress, despite these dangers,” according to IRIN News. [/quote]

feminist.org/news/newsbyte/u … sp?id=9145

Same kind of thing has been happening in other parts of the Islamic world for years. Will the Islamophobia ever end?[/quote]

But…but… Saddam had rape rooms! Why aren’t the women of Iraq grateful for their liberation?

Well, I am glad that the Quebec sports authorities are agreeing with the IFAB rules. Let’s see how long it takes for Mansour and her lawyers to take this through through legal channels. I can foresee a lengthy, expensive, Supreme Court ruling that will overrule any FIFA clause regarding headwear.

In my opinion, though, if you want to play organized sports, you have to dress within the rules set out by the organizing body. Playing soccer is a provilege. Don’t want to conform to the FIFA rules? Don’t get put the cleats on.

Soccer refs are usually quite ruthless about telling girls/boys to remove hats, earrings, amulets, and other accessories. Why shouldn’t they be just as strict when it comes to the Hijab?

Kill the infidels!
Kill the infidels!
Kill the infidels!
Kill the infidels!
Kill the infidels!
Kill the infidels!
Kill the infidels!
Kill the infidels!
Kill the infidels!
Kill the infidels!
Yah Boo America Sucks!
The End.

Kill the infidels!
Kill the infidels!
Kill the infidels!
Kill the infidels!
Kill the infidels!
Kill the infidels!
Kill the infidels!
Kill the infidels!
Kill the infidels!
Kill the infidels!
Yah Boo America Sucks!
The End.[/quote]

That was very moving, thank you.

Kill the infidels!
Kill the infidels!
Kill the infidels!
Kill the infidels!
Kill the infidels!
Kill the infidels!
Kill the infidels!
Kill the infidels!
Kill the infidels!
Kill the infidels!
Yah Boo America Sucks!
The End.[/quote]

That was very moving, thank you.[/quote]

:laughing:

The bard of Shankhill Road is diversifying, I see.

BroonArmalite

How about?

How much is that dog in the window? the one with the wag in his tail? How much is that dog in the window? I do hope that he is for sale?

That dog is not in the window! There is no more wag in his tail! That dog is no longer in the building! He’s up for ransom and it better be paid without fail!

Enshallah! Alahu Akbar! etc. etc.

YOU have been warned…

Look over your shoulder when you head towards your nearby squat, Fido.

Plans are afoot.

BroonAfar

And what do these plans “en-tail?” Paw-lease tell me so that I will know that I am not just barking up the wrong tree…

And what do these plans “en-tail?” Paw-lease tell me so that I will know that I am not just barking up the wrong tree…[/quote]

Angst dogging you now, eh, Fido?

BroonAlsatian

[quote=“fred smith”]How about?

How much is that dog in the window? the one with the wag in his tail? How much is that dog in the window? I do hope that he is for sale?

That dog is not in the window! There is no more wag in his tail! That dog is no longer in the building! He’s up for ransom and it better be paid without fail!

Enshallah! Alahu Akbar! etc. etc.

YOU have been warned…[/quote]

Oh come now…no good Muslim would ever touch a dog much less “hold” it for ransom.