Muslim Riots in Europe? - Part 1

For the past week and a half there have been riots by Muslims in Birmingham and Paris. Why has the media been so quiet? During the Birmingham riots, there were reports of the riots on the BBC’s website which were available for only an hour and then disappeared. The only reports then available were from the print media’s sites, The Telegraph, The Guardian, etc. There’s been next to nothing about the Paris riots even though the police have asked for the French Army to be deployed. In both riots there have been people killed…

[quote]
Paris suburbs erupts in fourth night of violence

CLICHY-SOUS-BOIS, France, Oct 31 (AFP) - Police clashed with angry youths in a Paris suburb for the fourth straight night, police said Monday, with accusations over a police teargas grenade thrown into a mosque set to exacerbate the situation further.[/quote]

tinyurl.com/8whyn

[quote]
Deaths spark riot of gang youths on suburban estates

Michel Thooris, spokesman for Action Police, a police union, called for the Army to help to restore order.

When I was in France as an exchange student or something my French hosts always warned me about the large and violent Arab minority.

Always thought they are prejudiced and laughed about that.

They also mentioned beheading would occur when messing with that group.

I thought “those elder people really make up stories.”

Hmmmmmm…

And Blacks.

The local news I watched couldn’t “say” the “B” word, but the videos showed cashiers at gunpoint clearly being held up by people of black descent.

Damned, and we were just letting the Turks in…

(joining the EU negotiations, that is)

:s

I do not see the Turks as being the problem in most of these cases. That is not true though for the Kurds, Moroccans and Algerians and then there are the immigrants from West and Central Africa that seem to be bringing their problems with them. I think though that we have all learned that lax police policies that “understand” these problems is the wrong solution. A tough crackdown is the best solution otherwise the vast majority who are peaceful and law-abiding will suffer.

“The Lord of War” is a recent hollywood production that claims to tell the true story of one particularly successful arms dealer from the late sixties, seventies… It didn’t say when, or if, he ever retired. Anyway the crux of the thing basically was that he avoided prosecution primarily because he was working for the United States government. The US military would declare weapons too expensive to ship home or obsolete or something and consign them to be destroyed but what would really happen was that this scum bag arms dealer would just sell them off to the highest bidder.

The point of all this is that if any crack downs are planned it might be more prudent to start with the war mongering arms manufactures and arms dealers who make large scale violent conflict so possible. Why hunt rabbits when you can shoot big game?

[quote=“bob”]“The Lord of War” is a recent Hollywood production that claims to tell the true story of one particularly successful arms dealer from the late sixties, seventies… It didn’t say when, or if, he ever retired. Anyway the crux of the thing basically was that he avoided prosecution primarily because he was working for the United States government. The US military would declare weapons too expensive to ship home or obsolete or something and consign them to be destroyed but what would really happen was that this scum bag arms dealer would just sell them off to the highest bidder.

The point of all this is that if any crack downs are planned it might be more prudent to start with the war mongering arms manufactures and arms dealers who make large scale violent conflict so possible. Why hunt rabbits when you can shoot big game?[/quote]

So, the local authorities should ignore the rioting mobs, get their passports and go hunt down arms dealers??

Do anything but face the problem right? :unamused:

Juba:

I am merely pointing out which groups are experiencing the greatest number of difficulties assimilating, achieving, experiencing crime or drug problems, etc. I am clarifying to one of the posters that for most of these countries, the Turks are not the ones in these kinds of difficulties. If you want me to make this more even-balanced so that your PC sensibilities are not riled, then let me point out that with the Russians and Eastern European immigrants, prostitution is a huge problem as well, BUT the Eastern Europeans are currently not the ones involved in such riots nor in street crime. Satisfied? See even White people can do bad things too. Again, read my post, I have said tough policies are appropriate because of the 90 percent that are law-abiding need protection. That means of those Algerians, Moroccans, Kurds, West and Central Africans, I am still saying that 90 percent are decent, law-abiding citizens. Anyway, pat yourself on the back and praise yourself for being the defender of the Marginalized Peoples Everywhere, but your self-satisfied attitude is not going to get to the bottom of this problem if you are not willing to talk about it. There is a problem in Western Europe with unassimilated immigrants living in banlieu and by ignoring that, I think that you are sweeping the problem under the carpet rather than looking it squarely in the face and thinking about effective ways to deal with it. No? And as in past conversations remember that all Europeans are Venusians.

[quote=“jdsmith”] So, the local authorities should ignore the rioting mobs, get their passports and go hunt down arms dealers??

Do anything but face the problem right? :unamused:[/quote]

I was just adding a little perspective. Rioting mobs need to be controlled of course.

Fred is right. In Germany, you could not even mention until shortly ago that there may be a difference between the kosovo-Albanian immigrant or the African asylum seeker and the average population.

No newspaper was mentioning the nationality of criminals, un-PC.

But this attitude does not help to solve any intergration problems. We are paying the price right now.

Germany is still calm regarding this problem. Probably because the largest minority is Turkish and usually very peaceful.

Sarkozy’s answer: build more mosques

asianage.com/main.asp?layout … sid=189972

A call for a change to a century-old French law to allow the state to fund new mosques has sent sparks flying in a society deeply attached to the separation of religion and state.

Concerned that a shortage of mosques is allowing extremists to gain a foothold among Frances 5.5 million Muslims by funding places of worship, interior minister Nicolas Sarkozy earlier this month named a panel to look into the prickly question. Due to report to the government in June next year, the committee is being asked, among other things, to suggest ways of reviewing the 1905 Secularity Law that bans the state from funding places of worship.

The initiative placed Mr Sarkozy squarely at odds with both President Jacques Chirac and Prime Minister Dominique de Villepin, who sees the century-old law as one of the pillars of our Republican system and rejects the idea of updating it.

True, more work is needed to recognise the rightful place of Frances Muslims, Mr Villepin said, but as members of a strictly secular community.

The two men, rivals both aiming for the presidency in 2007, tried to smooth over their differences on this and other matters at a joint press conference this week.

Mr Sarkozy has repeatedly argued that breaking the French taboo to provide public money for mosques and imams would be the best way of bringing the Muslim community into the mainstream, out of the garages and basements it is often forced to use as unofficial prayer rooms. “To separate French Islam from foreign influences,” he said last month, “let us give it the means to be independent.”

Islamic radicals are already thought to control 20 mosques in the country, according to Frances domestic intelligence service, which also says militants are increasingly congregating in secret prayer-rooms, out of sight of the authorities.

[quote]Officials gave an initial count of 69 vehicles torched in nine suburbs across the Seine-Saint-Denis region that arcs Paris on the north and northeast.

The area, home mainly to families of immigrant origin, often from Muslim North Africa, is marked by soaring unemployment and delinquency. Anger and despair thrive in the tall cinder-block towers and long “bars” that typically make up housing projects in France.[/quote]

foxnews.com/story/0,2933,174227,00.html

JUBA:

Here is the latest report. As you will note Turkey is NOT in Muslim North and West Africa but gosh by golly, Morocco and Algeria are and the area mentioned is North and West Africa. I added Central so on that score perhaps I am wrong but wonder of wonders, essentially the very groups I mentioned are now the very ones mentioned in this report. What a coincidence right? So what do you want to do? Point out that White People and Chinese People have rioted too or do you want to focus on what the problems are with assimilating these people and making them peaceful, law-abiding members of the community? Or perhaps best not to talk about it if it offends any PC sensibilities?

German federal police reports indicate that muslim preachers usually preach hatred and violence against their guest country in Germany and thus have a bad influence on young people, even from peaceful families from Turkey.

Giving them a state-paid church will not change the preaching style, I am afraid. Rather, the preacher will consider himself to be rewarded by the allmighty for his courageous path towards Islam…

BobMullah

Let me ask whether in your experience Bob or given any links that you might have whether those Muslims are Turks or rather that they are Kurds and North Africans?

Can somebody translate this from gibberish for me? Thanks.

In Denmark, the main issues are with Palestine and pakistani youth. There are not many north africans, however the mid 1990’s influx of somalis created quite a few issues. Refugees yes, however what are we goign to do with 10,000 goat herders (Honestly, this is not flaming, just pointing out that most of them came from the agriculatural sector, especially semi-desert pastoral agriculture)?

Can somebody translate this from gibberish for me? Thanks.[/quote]

He wants to know if you know where they are from. :slight_smile:

50NT$ please.

Now… are Kurds North-African?

Wait… Fred is American. He is supposed not to know where any parts of the world are and I should know it instead of getting mixed up now… :s

[attention: self-ironic post]

Kurdish territory is Iraq and stuff … South Turkey … I wouldn’t call it North-Africa, no? But it is not toooooo far away on the other hand.

A bit south western of Iraq and we are in North Africa…

[quote=“jdsmith”] He wants to know if you know where they are from. :slight_smile:
[/quote]

Heck I dunno. Their mother’s anus? What does fred think?