Muslim terrorists in America

I wonder why this isn’t being reported on CNN, etc, etc?

[quote]‘ISLAMIC HATE’ EYED IN SLAYS

January 16, 2005 – The father of a murdered New Jersey family was threatened for making anti-Muslim remarks online

More to this than being reported -> Melee Erupts At Funeral Of Family Killed By Throat Slashing

I think perpetrators of hate crimes should be punished creatively. In this case, if the perpetrator indeed committed a hate crime, they should make him swim a vat of rendered pork fat while monitors play Britney Spears videos repeatedly overhead. I like the Texas judge who makes criminals wander the streets with billboards that state the crimes committed. I know it’s kind of against the Bill of Rights, but… :unamused:

Islam is a religion of peace and love. You will die for suggesting otherwise.

An interesting run down of terr groups and the current status of individuals in these groups. Quite detailed and up-dated almost daily. Many contributors.

Terrorist Scorecard

Maybe because you and various sensationalist rags are trying to paint a sordid story of religious extremism in the US and incite hatred against Muslims based on rumors and falsehoods.

[quote=“Comrade Stalin”]The father of a murdered New Jersey family was threatened for making anti-Muslim remarks online

Haven’t you learned anything? We must act before they become a threat.

Maybe because you and various sensationalist rags are trying to paint a sordid story of religious extremism in the US and incite hatred against Muslims based on rumors and falsehoods. [/quote]

So tell 8 year old Monica it’s a rumour her throat was slashed.

Maybe because you and various sensationalist rags are trying to paint a sordid story of religious extremism in the US and incite hatred against Muslims based on rumors and falsehoods. [/quote]

So tell 8 year old Monica it’s a rumour her throat was slashed.[/quote]

That’s a basic rhetorical device known as pathos, CS: the use of language, examples, photos or other means to persuade readers of your position by appealing to their emotions, rather than logic. But it doesn’t work in this case, because (a) the authorities have clearly stated that none of their throats were slashed, (b) the authorities have clearly refuted most of the rumors you posted and stated that it is too early to say why the family was killed, and (c) the girl’s not cute enough – if you want to overcome the readers’ logic through use of an emotional photo, you should find a stronger photo.

nytimes.com/2005/01/18/nyreg … ersey.html

[quote=“Mother Theresa”][But it doesn’t work in this case, because (a) the authorities have clearly stated that none of their throats were slashed, (b) the authorities have clearly refuted most of the rumors you posted and stated that it is too early to say why the family was killed, and (c) the girl’s not cute enough – if you want to overcome the readers’ logic through use of an emotional photo, you should find a stronger photo.

nytimes.com/2005/01/18/nyreg … ersey.html[/quote]

Where have they said their throats weren’t slashed? Please post a link. And authorities have refuted nothing. As your quote clears states, the police have [i]refused[/i] to say what they might or might not believe. And if you think the little girl isn’t cute enough, how cute do you think she was after having her throat slashed?

You know, you really ought to go back to the States and get on your colleague, Lynne Stewart’s defense team. Politically, I think the 2 of you will get along just fine. And I’d like to see her swing from an oak. :smiling_imp:

frontpagemag.com/Articles/Re … p?ID=16656

Well if we had, then Germany would never have gotten so far as to destroy most of Europe. Perhaps, we learned our lesson. What did you learn?

Well if we had, then Germany would never have gotten so far as to destroy most of Europe. Perhaps, we learned our lesson. What did you learn?[/quote]

:bravo: :laughing: :bravo: :laughing: :notworthy:

Among other sources, yours states that their throats were slashed and it has been clearly refuted. Your first article states, “The heartless killer. . . slit Sylvia’s throat.” Slit and slashed basically mean the same thing with regard to knife wounds and are distinguishable from puncture wounds.

[quote]Slit: 1. slice something: to make a long straight cut in something
She slit the bag open with a knife.

Slash: 1. make cuts in: to make long deep cuts in something.

Puncture: 1. transitive and intransitive verb make or get hole: to sustain or cause a small hole or wound in something such as a tire or the skin[/quote]
encarta.msn.com/dictionary_/puncture.html

Here’s another article that falsely states that their throats were slashed:
app.com/app/story/0,21625,1176252,00.html

Contrary to your assertion, the authorities refuted many false rumors in this case, including the throat slashing rumor. The following are some such refutations:

[quote]Refuting other media reports, investigators said yesterday that religious extremism may not have been the cause of last week’s grisly slaying . . .

He said reports that jewelry was not taken from the home were incorrect. . .

In addition, autopsies have revealed that the victims. . . bled to death from puncture wounds . . . not from slit throats, as was previously reported. . .

Officials were quick to dispel recent television and newspaper reports linking the slayings to Hossam Armanious’ involvement in an online religious chat group. . .

Officials are also refuting a published report stating that the attackers made a gash through a tattoo of a cross on Sylvia Armanious’ wrist[/quote]
nj.com/news/jjournal/index.s … 218052.xml

All I’m saying is wait for the authorities (not the tabloids) to determine the facts in the case before going out looking for aaayrabs to string from trees.

[quote=“Mother Theresa”]
Among other sources, yours states that their throats were slashed and it has been clearly refuted. Your first article states, “The heartless killer. . . slit Sylvia’s throat.” Slit and slashed basically mean the same thing with regard to knife wounds and are distinguishable from puncture wounds. [/quote]

No, it hasn’t been refuted. Your source says:

It does NOT say their throats were not slashed. It says they bled to death from puncture wounds. If I stab you 6 times in the chest (hitting the heart) and then slash your throat. You will most likely have died from the chest wound. BTW, how many knifing victims have you, personally, ever seen? I don’t need a dictionary… :unamused:

Well, is it a rumor? If I were killed (throat slashed or not), I would probably want the truth out. Real facts, not rumors. This argument simply doesn’t make sense. Am I supposed to be emotionally moved just because it’s an 8 year old and, thus, not want police and media to focus a bit more on the facts.

It’s worth noting that the NY Post is not exactly the most responsible tabloid newspaper in the United States – it’s definitely not the Weekly World News or the “Enquirer”, but it’s fair to say that it has the best sports coverage in town alongside the best lurid headlines.

[quote=“Comrade Stalin”][quote=“Mother Theresa”]
Among other sources, yours states that their throats were slashed and it has been clearly refuted. Your first article states, “The heartless killer. . . slit Sylvia’s throat.” Slit and slashed basically mean the same thing with regard to knife wounds and are distinguishable from puncture wounds. [/quote]

No, it hasn’t been refuted. Your source says:

It does NOT say their throats were not slashed. . . [/quote]

Jeeeezus CS, the damned slashing issue is trivial. My point was to not jump to conclusions about evil muslims terrorizing Amerika until you have any proof, which so far you do not. But with regard to the slashing issue, here you go (I already quoted this above):

nj.com/news/jjournal/index.s … 218052.xml

Oh come on Stalin. It is clear they had their throats punctured rather than slashed. That makes it FAR less nasty. Surely you can see that. :unamused:
As for the rest, you can conjecture all you like, but until the investigation is complete, that’s all it is – conjecture.

I’d like to know more about the technique for tracking chickens though.

[quote=“sandman”]Oh come on Stalin. It is clear they had their throats punctured rather than slashed. That makes it FAR less nasty. Surely you can see that. :unamused:
As for the rest, you can conjecture all you like, but until the investigation is complete, that’s all it is – conjecture.

I’d like to know more about the technique for tracking chickens though.[/quote]

if you think about it, puncturing is even more wank because the victim will die slower than by slashing.

Didn’t know the Germans in WWII were Arabs, too. Sorry.

No no Rascal. Saddam was a tyrant who killed a lot of people just like Hitler. We knew that after WWII that we should not have let Hitler rise to power, that appeasement was wrong. We therefore took out Saddam before he could become a problem. Aren’t you glad that the Iraqis, unlike the Germans, will not have to go through the rest of their existence with some deep dark moral stain on their consciences for all eternity? We saved them that horrible pain.