Muslims issue death threats to South Park creators, results

independent.co.uk/arts-enter … 51971.html

[quote]South Park’ censored after death threats from Islamists
By Archie Bland
Friday, 23 April 2010S
The portrayal of the Prophet Mohamed wearing a teddy bear outfit was considered blasphemous by some branches of Islam

In the 200th episode of South Park, which was broadcast last week, a proposal to bring the Prophet Mohamed to town is met with short shrift at a community meeting. “Are you nuts?” one character says. “If Mohamed appears in South Park we get bombed!” “We don’t know that,” another replies. “Maybe enough time has passed that now it’s OK to show Mohamed.”

As it turned out, that hope was a forlorn one. The American broadcaster Comedy Central this week censored the programme after the episode’s depiction of the Prophet Mohamed dressed as a giant teddy bear drew a warning on an Islamist website that the show’s creators, Matt Stone and Trey Parker, would be murdered.[/quote]

The portrayal of the Prophet Mohamed wearing a teddy bear outfit was considered blasphemous by some branches of Islam

[quote]So Comedy Central broadcast the next programme, which concludes the plot of the anniversary edition, with several crucial speeches bleeped out. In Wednesday’s episode, Mohamed’s appearances were covered with a giant “censored” label, while he was replaced in the bear suit by Santa Claus.

Some branches of Islam consider the depiction of Mohamed to be blasphemous.

The 200th episode, a celebration of the show’s rich history of causing offence, begins with a piqued Tom Cruise rallying a large group of his fellow celebrities – including Mel Gibson, George Lucas, George Michael, and Barbra Streisand as a berserk giant robot – to bring a class-action lawsuit against the eponymous town.

The only thing that will stop their suit, Cruise tells the townsfolk, is if they arrange for him to meet the Prophet Mohamed. “Mohamed has a power that makes him impervious to being made fun of,” he explains to his fellow celebrities. “What if we could harness that power?”

After detailed negotiations with Jesus, a cocaine-snorting Buddha, and the founder of Mormonism, Joseph Smith, the South Park residents manage to persuade Mohamed to come to town – dressed in a giant bear costume to prevent his appearance bringing the same violent retribution that greeted cartoons of his likeness in a Danish newspaper in 2005.

The show has featured the Prophet Mohamed before, as part of Jesus’ troop of religious superheroes called the “super best friends”. Mohamed appeared as “the Muslim Prophet with the powers of flame”.

But that, Matt Stone said in a recent interview, “was before the Danish cartoon controversy, so it somehow is fine. Then, after that, now there’s a new normal. We lost. Something that was OK is now not OK.”

Stone was speaking to the website Boing Boing, along with Trey Parker, during the production of the 200th episode. “If they would let us show it, that would be great,” Parker said. “We’d be so hypocritical against our own message, our own thoughts, if we said, ‘OK, well let’s not make fun of them because [then] they won’t hurt us’.”

The Revolution Muslim website frequently praises jihadi violence. Al-Amrikee has recently posted messages praising the suicide bombers who struck in Moscow and celebrating the Polish aircraft crash that killed 96 people, including the country’s president.

He later told the Associated Press that the message was not intended as a threat but as a warning. Asked if Parker and Stone should feel threatened by it, he said: “They should feel threatened by what they did.”

[/quote]

South Park was never a quality offering, but I find it scary that even they are allowing themselves to be censored by radical Islam.

Across the net, People are fighting back by hacking prominent Islamic websites: Check out what revolutionislam.com/
it looks like now. :roflmao:

There’s no many, the news about it is really interesting right now. If you find any more cool or funny hacked websites, Post 'em here.

I couldn’t find a suitable short thread title to express that I want people to post the interesting responses they find across the web to the death threats in this thread, so mods, please let it hang around a while.
This is history.

You can watch the episode they;re talking about here:
divxden.com/oz6r0vkzk205/sou … m.flv.html

This video is just some guy but he sums up my feelings about it pretty well:

South Park is satire that no one takes seriously. If death threats from radicals can get it censored, is there any hope that Muslims won’t censor our news as well?

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I have never liked Parker and Stone and think it’s juvenile humor at best, but I think they’re pretty brave to take this on. :popcorn:

I liked the “dog whistle” joke regarding the bear costume.

I think people are waking up to this and it can’t be good as South Park takes on a lot of issues that aren’t normally touched in the media or discussed.

The South Park guys posted a statement regarding the 2nd part of the 200th special which was even more censored than the first part…

Posted on: 04.22.10

A Statement from Matt and Trey
In the 14 years we’ve been doing South Park we have never done a show that we couldn’t stand behind. We delivered our version of the show to Comedy Central and they made a determination to alter the episode. It wasn’t some meta-joke on our part. Comedy Central added the bleeps. In fact, Kyle’s customary final speech was about intimidation and fear. It didn’t mention Muhammad at all but it got bleeped too. We’ll be back next week with a whole new show about something completely different and we’ll see what happens to it.

southparkstudios.com/news/3878

I liked the e-mail address they inserted in the “contact us” link. :laughing:

so sick of butt hurt religious folks (pun intended). Things could be far worse for those Muslim clerics that call for the end of Western civilization.

I beg to differ.

Is satire supposed to be taken “seriously”?

A travesty that Comedy Central didn’t have any balls, and bowed to the dictates of a handful of religious loonies.

The faith of the religious wackos who created that site (great hacking job, by the way!) must be weak indeed if they can’t stand up to criticism or parody. I thought gods were supposed to be almighty.

I beg to differ.[/quote]
I beg to differ.

Is satire supposed to be taken “seriously”?[/quote]
Not necessarily, but good satire can be taken seriously.

And serious threats should be taken seriously, I figure. We should also be serious about standing up to religious whackos. Though that’s easy for me to say as an anonymous internet poster.

[quote=“Maoman”][quote=“Chuanzao El Ale Destroyer”]
Across the net, People are fighting back by hacking prominent Islamic websites: Check out what revolutionislam.com/
it looks like now. :roflmao:

[/quote]
I liked the e-mail address they inserted in the “contact us” link. :laughing:[/quote]

What is it? I can’t access it because my computer wants me to sign up for a mail program. :eh:

I sure do like the picture they have next to it!

:roflmao:

Also, Rousseau, funny you should mention “anonymous” internet poster. The group behind this hacking, and probably many more to come, is the infamous “anonymous” of Scientology hacking fame.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anonymous_(group

Their activities should be easy enough to find as they become news. I think they’re the only group that CAN stand up to Islam, seeing as they are anonymous, know their hacking skills and are notoriously hard to find and catch. Scientology had a hard time doing anything about them and just had to wait until they got bored and stopped. This may be different.

The RevolutionIslam website has been down for a day or so now, I wonder what their members are up to. :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Oh, and satire isn’t meant to be taken seriously, or maybe it is. I like me some South Park sometimes, but they aren’t taken as seriously as the BBC. That’s all I meant.

Anonymous on YouTube:

Religion should be about improving oneself.

If you spend your time and energy looking for someone or something to get pissed off about and to go kill, your doing it wrong.

WHOA. Things just went up a notch.

I have mixed feelings about that, in the comments after the video someone mentions that posting flyers on a mosques could be a “hate crime”. Not sure what the hate crime laws are in the USA but :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

They’re smart. How much of a “hate crime” is putting up flyers with sticky tack. It isn’t as if they used glue or spray paint, so it isn’t vandalism and doesn’t cost any money to remove.

:2cents: It took these people a long time to get bored with pissing off Scientology. Over a year, according to the Wiki. :2cents:

:popcorn:

Oh man, that is priceless! Well done. Sorry radical Islam, we can make fun of your prophet, just like any and every other religious group around the world. Learn to deal.

Christianity is the only religion that you can make fun of, or make satires of without death threats or protests.

not true, those same SP episodes has Buddha doing lines of coke.

Oh well done! Christianity rocks! :bravo:

Always judge a religion by how tolerant it’s members are towards your laughing at them!

Oh well done! Christianity rocks! :bravo:

Always judge a religion by how tolerant it’s members are towards your laughing at them![/quote]

This is a great point, Jimi. I don’t think the Buddhists are much up in arms about Buddha being depicted doing lines of coke, nor the Hindis upset about whatever Hindu God(ess) was depicted in South Park changing into the form of Neil Diamond.
I love that the South Park creators thought of this, and made fun of everyone else’s deities as well.

I came here to post this link I found from Anonymous.
EDIT: at first I hotlinked to it, but then I deleted the link when I realized Anon might not like that and might come after F.com. I’m probably being paranoid, but better safe then sorry. You DON’T MESS WITH ANONYMOUS. I don’t know how many of you are familiar with Anonymous or what they’re capable of. Anonymous are very, very serious. I don’t see the South Park creators backing down so easily either. South Park combined with Anon are one hell of a formidable opponent. If you want to see what anonymous has in store, do a google search for “partyvan islamachan wiki muslims” . The first result you get will be instruction for raids on Muslim websites with a bunch of pictures that are very :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: and very NSFW. Foul language as well.
Edit: link keeps changing, it’s no longer the first result, but if you use those search terms, you can find it. It’s worth it.
Edit 2: just do a google search for “operation Islamachan”
Last edit: Here’s an article on Operation Islamachan here:
ghostofaflea.com/archives/014064.html
You can get to the page directly from the link on that page. It’s good background on who Anonymous are if you don’t know them. Here’s their mission statement for Operation Islamachan:

Yup, The target?
All Muslim internet sites
nothing less than that. :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Pretty impressive, isn’t it? Anonymous have been called a lot of unflattering things, but I think the terrists are going to be calling them their worst enemy. How are they going to fight a bunch of independent individuals around the world who hide their identities and have hacking skills?
This has the potential to be much, much bigger than anything Geert Wilders or Theo Van Gogh (may he rest in peace) ever did.
This is only the second day. I guess we’ll all have to wait and see, but I think we’ll all still be talking about this a year from now.

I’m interested to see what the response will be, both from the terrists and from Matt & Trey.
:popcorn:

edit: I can’t resist sharing this NSFW cartoon with you from the raid link.

[spoiler]I’m leaving the link cold, better safe than sorry with my Forumosans. :bow:

stopacta.org/chan2/f/src/126298075368.gif
It’s just a cartoon of Bush and Mo with a caption.

more here: stopacta.org/chan2/f/res/4.html[/spoiler]

mynorthwest.com/?nid=11&sid=313170

Poor woman, I applaud her for standing up, but I worry about her safety. She’ll probably be getting death threats before the sun comes up.