šŸƒ šŸƒā€ā™€ļø Sports | Trans Athletes

He was the guy who used to smoke a fag during changeovers.

1 Like

You are wrong. Iā€™ve trained with 2 female professional fighters. One is a UFC champion. I can beat them both. And Iā€™m not a pro.

Not to mention the womenā€™s national team regularly gets beat badly by teenage boys.

Itā€™s different. Men and women have different biological bodies.

1 Like

Yes, it says is overlappingā€¦which is what I keep saying. They are saying there is a difference which is what Iā€™m saying. They are saying itā€™s still up to the individual, which is what Iā€™m saying.

They said they did their best to remove these variables.

Which is what Iā€™m sayingā€¦but they keep finding there is gender differences. Doesnā€™t mean theyā€™re not individuals.

Youā€™re completely ignoring that they keep finding differences.

Interesting, last I checked a middleweight title doesnā€™t exist in the UFC womenā€™s division. So either

Or, youā€™re intentionally lying.

Which one is it?

Btw, just because youā€™ve sparred with pro UFC athletes, doesnā€™t mean they took it as seriously as you did. Guarantee you theyā€™re :100: not gonna give as much effort as they would if $50-$100K was on the line.

Congrats on the win though, to win in casual practice is still pretty dope.

If those ā€œfindingsā€ were ā€œignoredā€, its because the researchers themselves (in both of your own articles) ignored them. They say so themselves and come to conclusions (both of which I reposted) that denotes those variances negligible and/or meaningless.

I never said middle weight.

I said I know I can beat them because I understand and can analyze fighters. Iā€™ve been hit by pro male fighters and itā€™s on another level. One leg kick from a pro male fighter in sparing and Iā€™m limping for a week. No woman can do that. Iā€™m sorryā€¦ Iā€™ve seen them move, how much power they pack. Iā€™ve held pads and seen how fast and how they hit bags. Itā€™s not even the same. Not even close.

No they donā€™t. They do not say theyā€™re meaningless and ignore them.

Well then, if you wanna butt into this convo, ok, but probs best go read the whole exchange between me and BD.

Cause that makes you sounds silly. And we donā€™t want that now do we

Now youā€™re just arguing for argumentā€™s sake. Their conclusions denote that. Their conclusions literally said itā€™s wildly varied and stressed individuality. And one of the conclusions even say if there were noticeable influences itā€™s from taught social norms (as opposed to neurology).

Why would I sound silly? I know fighters. Iā€™ve trained with pros and champion fighters. Iā€™ve been to fight camp in Thailand with some of them. Iā€™ve hosted them in Taiwan for the first major fight of its kind on national TV. Iā€™m telling you, itā€™s not the same. And thatā€™s not putting down the ladies, theyā€™re absolutely bad ass and skilled. But even elite female athletes just can not match the strength and speed of men who are even just good athletes.

Like I said, played against D1 female basketball players. I know my freshman team could beat them, and easily. We werenā€™t even elite. Just above average I would say.

Iā€™ve trained men and women. And the body is just different. How much muscle and body fat they can gain and lose is just different.

2 Likes

And Iā€™ve stressed individualality. I keep saying itā€™s all on a bell curve. But there is a difference. They keep saying there is a difference even in infants and it does play a part. Iā€™ve never said outside influences donā€™t pay a part. Youā€™re just arguing for argument sake In my POV. They do find difference, theyā€™re unsure how to attribute them. But there are differences and the find them over and over again you keep ignoring this.

If you are experienced with fighters, thatā€™s fair. But your comment literally is not rooted in the basis of that discussion. You just also admitted the ufc champ you allegedly fought isnā€™t middleweight. Clearly you werenā€™t paying attention.

Iā€™m also just making a rough estimate of your weight class. So I could be off base. But I also doubt itā€™s easy to find a professional light heavyweight MMA fighter who is female.

I know fighters that weight about the same as them. Go to Thailand, there are loads of pros with 500 fights that you would think is skinny and week. They kick down trees for training. Iā€™m not even joking. Iā€™m perfectly capable of adjusting power to weight in real life.

Yes I agree but you have stressed and implied that neurology is bigger.

Sure and Iā€™ve kept saying that I donā€™t disagree. Iā€™ve also always followed that up with the fact that any neurology differences which they may find (and some have, according to your sources) are too small and wildly varied to have the need to be accounted for when judging a personā€™s behavior. In more than one of your own reports theyā€™ve even point blank stated so and stressed the irrelevance.

Your sources do. Evident in their conclusions.

? The relevance of this to the rest of the paragraph is unclear.

This sports talk might be straying too far off topicā€¦ Might need a split soon.

But first hang on let me return a call from Torrance real quick

Iā€™m using the 2nd source to counter the first sources conclusion that itā€™s possibly just socially taught, Iā€™ve laid that out.

There are literally hundreds of studies, not joking if you want to see yourself. And a lot of them are done on infants. The fact is they consistently come to find varying small to large differences. Some interpretation say theyā€™re small many do not. But they all come to the conclusion that they find differences, they just donā€™t agree on why or how much.

Yes Iā€™m aware of the amount of studies. We all know how stats can be interpreted.

I would also return your words quoted there back at ya.

Because youā€™re attributing power and speed or the differences of athleticism on weight and size only. Itā€™s not true. I understand what a 135-145 fighter can do and what is considered strong and fast for that weight. Iā€™ve held pads for men and women of that size. I know what it feels like.

To say itā€™s just the will to win and skill means you think these women lack the will and skills. Itā€™s not true. They got up early in the morning like all the men to run 5k to start off the day. And train 5-6 hours of intense training in fight camps just like the men. It is not skills and lack of will. Itā€™s biological. Why is it the menā€™s powerlifters in the same exact weight class can lift close to double in some lifts? Itā€™s not a lack of will and skill or time put it. Why is it only 2 female basketball players can dunk (sometimes) when there are thousands of boys around 14 that can do it. You think Iā€™m not playing in the nba because of a lack of will and skill? I spent hours practicing. But at some point when a guy just jumps over you to dunk on you. Skill and will goes out the window.

So if they consistently find differences, youā€™re interpretations is what?

Fify. Also, those ones are from your :cherries: picked sources.

Iā€™m not a scientist, I just get to consult with a lot of them. Which means my interpretations are as relevant to hard fact as you want them to be.

Did you have a PhD in some kind of neuroscience or behavioral science that we donā€™t know of? If yes, your interpretation is probably more meaningful than mine if you do.

I will again point out though, the interpretations of the info by not just my sources but yours, all deem ā€œany possible differencesā€ so minute and irrelevant that they brush it off in their conclusions, even further stressing the centrality and dominating significance of individuality.

Excuse me? I gave you links that linked multiple sources. You donā€™t need to cherry pick, almost all of them show differences varying from small to large. And those that donā€™t are inconclusive, inconclusive doesnā€™t even mean they found no differences.

I donā€™t know what to tell you. I gave you many researches and explained many to you. Even the links you try to rebute with show differences. At this point itā€™s clear youā€™re not going to ever change your mind no matter the data. And I donā€™t really trust your POV now that you said you also donā€™t see biological differences between male and female athletes when thatā€™s a bit of a no brainer.

I donā€™t have a PHD, but Iā€™ve spent hundreds of hours of clinical time in a psychiatric institution in Florida since thatā€™s the field I wanted to be in before. And Iā€™ve read and subscribe to psychiatry journals, read the DSM. I would say I probably know more than the average person from this aspect.

And stop saying they said they are ā€œminuteā€ ā€œirrelevantā€and ā€œunlikely to make any differenceā€ the 2nd study clearly does not say that. Thatā€™s what youā€™re saying. It says there are differences and they see them. But we are still individuals so gender is not determinative of personality but does seem to play a role they donā€™t fully understand. That is not even close to being minute and irrelevant.