My bad: I wiped out the templates by accident

I wiped out the forum templates by accident this morning - so the links have be reset to their original places and the banner locations have all gone :doh:

Looks like it’s going to be a long week :blush:

No worries, just load them from the backup.

Ouch! You poor bugger.

HG

I wish I could, but I backed up the “wrong” files

The silver-lining is that I have a better understanding of how phpBB3’s template cache works. You see, I backed up the templates I was changing today, thinking that I’d be safe in case I made an error. What I failed to do was recognize that the system has NOT been writing all my template changes to the server all this time. Instead it has been saving it to a database-based template cache

Now, I actually tried to change this, too, from saving to cache to saving to filesystem - not quite understanding exactly why this feature is in place. This attempt at changing it didn’t work (another long story) and since I didn’t understand what it was actually doing, I didn’t think it was directly related to what I was about to do

When I refreshed the template cache (again, didn’t really understand what a template cache even was at that point), the database-based code was wiped and I was left with filesystem code that was never touched. In short, I was backing up unchanged files, when all my changes were actually being stored in a database :blush:

I didn’t notice anything :idunno:

Damn n00bs! Ban him I say!

:wink:

variety is the spice of life…

Stop fiddling with things! :laughing:

It looks fine. Don’t worry about it.

I removed the banners of all the people who are paying for the hosting of this website :astonished: I can’t help but worry about it

I removed the banners of all the people who are paying for the hosting of this website :astonished: I can’t help but worry about it[/quote]Eat at Alleycats! Go to Carnegies! Pick wild flowers with those hand holding men in nice shirts!
Will that help for now?