My boyfriend cheated!

OK, that’s it. Fine men don’t exist. But don’t mind me, I think I’m allowed to rant as my boyfriend just cheated on me with two guys.
:fume:

:noway: Sorry to hear that.

Ohh dude that is sooo f@#@Ked up!! How did you find out? And are you okay?

He told me. But that’s ok. We weren’t exactly a match made in heaven. The only weird thing is that he can’t understand why I see this as cheating…he says that since it was only with two guys it doesn’t count as cheating, and that he would never sleep with another woman while he’s with me.
Next!

Huh?! Is he bisexual? If not then I’m really confused … :noway:

Well, between you and me and the rest of the forumosa community, that sounds like a reasonable assumption.

However, I can see what the guy was thinking. I remember that a former boss more or less told me that to cheat on his wife with mainland prostitutes while in shanghai wasn’t really cheating. Kind of a different league according to him, where the wife was there for the kids and family, and the prostitutes were there for a bit of extra spice.

We have our moral judgements on this, but well, remember that sexual mores here are different, and that having concubines was not just legal, but also accepted until recently.

Sorry to hear about your situation, twonavels. He’s kicked to the curb now, correct?

914… It would appear so…

It’s like if a guy knew his gf was bi-sexual, he’d be like “so when is she coming …over?” :lovestruck: :bouncy:

Unscientific straw poll among my guy pals … the tough part would be if she ran off with another woman. :blush:

Must be a Mars vs. Venus thing :wink:

He cheated with two other guys?

:astonished:

That’s all, just

:astonished:

It might be a strech to assume that he did it at the same time… It could be like one guy at a time, you know.

Did your BF like to wear leather masks, by any chance?

I don’t get the relationship either.
The “guy” is your (or was) your boyfriend. He shagged two other guys (at the same time?). And “he would never sleep with another woman while he’s with me.” Another besides you? Or another in “a second” time?
I always find it fascinating that “cheating” seems to put the final nail in the coffin of a relationship. Get real, it is not a relationship-ending knee-jerk offense. Many reasons for such an event.
Maybe it is just the “baloney sandwiches every day syndrome.”
Anyway, unless he was the absolute cat’s meow, let it go (or ignore his sexual needs and continue as before…maybe you’d like a threesome or something? Don’t say no if you haven’t tried it :wink:.

I love – it was only with two guys so it doesn’t count. Now I’ve heard everything. How many guys does it take before it counts? Drop that zero and get yourself a hero, honey.

I suppose straight women aren’t wired the same as straight men, who would probably celebrate and thank their lucky stars if they found out their gf was out having hot lesbian threesomes.

P.S. Go get tested for cooties for now and go read that “On the Down Low” book. In fact, that book ought to be required reading for every foreign woman considering dating a local man. Just kidding.

Is this the same boyfriend we saw at the first KTV night? With half of his head shaved lengthwise, dark eye make-up all around his eyes, smoking a cigarette through the mouth- hole of the goalkeeper’s mask he was wearing a la Jason and squatting on the sofa?

I’m shocked. He seemed like such a nice young man… :laughing:

Seriously, though - sorry to hear about that. He wasn’t exactly conventional, though. It’s not surprising to hear that other aspects of him are outside of the mainstream…

[quote=“Maoman”]Is this the same boyfriend we saw at the first KTV night? With half of his head shaved lengthwise, dark eye make-up all around his eyes, smoking a cigarette through the mouth- hole of the goalkeeper’s mask he was wearing a la Jason and squatting on the sofa?
[/quote]
You are making this shit up, right?

No. I saw him too and can attest that all Maoman wrote is nothing but the plain truth. I am not kidding.

Also, i intended to ask that, but well… just put up the mask thing, as writing the whole might come across in a wrong way.

But yes, half his head was shaved lengthwise, he was wearing a goalkeepers mask, and he smoked and sang while wearing it, and he had that black makeup around his eyes. I forgot the pattern, but it was either bat or flame. I don’t recall him squatting on the sofa, but I left early.

Ooooh! Seventies kitsch! Hey Two Navels, I have some Abba CDs – wanna go out with me?

My take on this is that he just made up the two guys thing so that you would dump him on the spot. He didn’t want to risk you forgiving him for sleeping with another woman. It was just an easy out for him. Sounds like you’re better off without him.
Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Um, wouldn’t that be a foursome? Hell, throw in a board game and you’ve got the Games Club. :wink: :wink:

Anyways, double-bellied one, I have to agree with Wolf on this one. I wouldn’t write him off completely unless you were ready to do so before this went down, but I would let him know that you see his behavior as cheating and that it bothers you. It’s hard to tell where someone’s boundaries are until you’ve crossed them. Give him the benefit of the doubt on this. If he can’t understand that it hurt you and has no qualms about repeating it even after you have told him how your feel about it, then you kick his ass to the curb.

And on a more serious note, he’s been fucking two other guys (that he admits to) while presumably still with you. Are either of those guys promiscuous, do you know?
Get yourself tested for HIV, ASAP. Get yourself another test in 6 months, too.
AIDS awareness is woefully inadequate here and it sounds as if you might have been playing with fire.