My christmas presents have just arrived

My mother sent my christmas prezzies on October 14th.
They arrived this morning.
That is England to Taiwan.
I suppose I should be thankful they arrived. They had of course all been opened and inspected with every tube of antiseptic cream squeezed and all my paxo christmas stuffing opened as well as two bottles of branston pickle missing.

At least my christmas crackers got here.
So Happy Xmas everyone.

Hey! My Christmas package got here just the day before.

Of course, that’s because it was sent the week before. Thank god Mom isn’t always that late or I’d still be gestating.

[quote=“bigal”]My mother sent my christmas prezzies on October 14th.
They arrived this morning.
That is England to Taiwan.
I suppose I should be thankful they arrived. They had of course all been opened and inspected with every tube of antiseptic cream squeezed and all my paxo christmas stuffing opened as well as two bottles of branston pickle missing.

At least my christmas crackers got here.
So Happy Xmas everyone.[/quote]
It happened to me once too. My package went from Beograd to south America then Taiwan. I got it about 6 month later. But all was intact. Only clothing for my baby boy. :laughing:

The pickles were probaby opened to check for dope or semtex and do a taste test … file a complaint …

My mum didn’t know better once and sent a parcel surface mail. It traveled through more countries than I’ll ever be to. Several months later when I got it, the cookies inside were so hard you could pound nails with them.

I overnighted some shit to my lawyer a few weeks ago. He still hasn’t gotten it.

the postal employees i knew always insisted NEVER SEND BY SURFACE MAIL because it takes months and everything will be tampered with.

AIRMAIL only

i got some cycling parts US postal air mailed, a 5kg box, that took three days to get here. not bad. same supplier, next parcel, two weeks… snow bound in O’Hare or somesuch. never has it taken six months!

and as for complaining about opened stuff, they don’t care.

in australia, all post is opened as a matter of course by customs and quarantine dept… i have sent vacuum-packed foil-wrapped tea back home that has been opened and a nice note included in the loose parcel from Customs: 'we were just checking for dried fruit or flowers in your tea. glad to see there was none! ’

My Christmas presents came 2/10 - but then my mom mailed it on 1/24 so that’s quite good. Nothing was tampered with either, except for all of the presents which obviously came from a madwoman. But that’s my family - I loved them all.

Couldn’t you have just reported him to the bar association or something?

Man, you’re so posh! I just flush mine. :noway:

Thanks, I needed that!

My easter gifts from two years ago still havent arrived!

they went to EASTER ISLAND of course !!!

I once received a Christmas card several months late bearing a very official looking stamp saying “Mistakenly Sent to Thailand”

They had an official stamp at the ready for this? :astonished: That’s not a good sign. But then we all know from talking to people back home that Taiwan and Thailand ARE the same thing…

I’ve had people send me things with “China” written on the envelope.
I always give people the address with instructions “Do not add or change anything at all”

Dont send anything by surface mail… airmail and global priority takes 2 weeks max.

It’s this stamp, right?

Lesson?

Now, I have things sent to me as “TAIWAN (ROC)”. No problems since then! I strongly advise this- the ROC is a bit redundant, but it makes it a lot harder to confuse with Thailand when the Royal Mail is involved.