My friend committed suicide there...help

He was teaching English in Tainan City. He apparently committed suicide in a park near his home. His mother would like any kind of information (police report, news article,anything). Please help me with this…If I need to move it to another forum I will gladly do so…I didn’t know where to even begin.
It apparently happened last weekend.

What was his nationality, name etc.? If you want people to help you find media info, references in blogs etc., you have to give them some info.

Very sorry to hear about your loss. We will endeavour to find more info for you. Hang in there.

His name was John William Turner. He was a white American and was married to someone from Taiwan.

Sorry to hear about your friend. Are you in Taiwan right now? If so, contact the foreign affairs police nearest to you. They should be able to assign someone to help you find out any information you need. You also need to contact the school he was working for and get their help in dealing with the police and documentation needed. The embassy or liaison office should also be able to give you some guidance.

I have his address but am scared to give it…I will say it was on Yiping St.

I am not, nor have ever been in Taiwan. We are having enough trouble trying to get his body shipped much less any info on his death. Found a kind soul to give me this site.

This is the Foreign Affairs Section, Tainan City Police Bureau
3, Jhongjheng Road, Sinyin District, Tainan City
Ph: (06)6354531

I’ll see what else I can find out

He was found hanging from a basketball goal (apparently) in a park near that street. I just figured there had to be something written about it or something we could have to substantiate the allegations of suicide.

I have sent the police department several messages with no response. He will be cremated and sent here according to a text I just received.

Thanks for the help so far…I had gotten no where to this point. Thank You.

I am trying to get you a contact person in the Tainan FAP. No answers on any of the lines I’ve called. I will keep trying. PM (private message)me with the person’s name and details and your email addy. I will pass it on once I find the cop handling the case. Again, sorry for your loss.

I am on the phone with Taian now. I need his name and nationality.

I sent it PM. John Williams Turner. American.

We will try and get you an English speaking contact person, a police report, (which our members will likely help translate for you) and what will be done with his remains. Please be patient. There is tons of red tape we are cutting through.

Just know that a police report or anything of that nature will help a grieving mother so much. Thank you so much for your time and assistance with this.

I’ll be happy to translate anything you can image and send to me.

Tainan Foreign Assistance Center lists these contact numbers for foreign family members or friends needing help of any kind, they might be able to help, office hours (Mon~ Fri, 08:00~12:00 and 13:30~17:30) on (06)2981000 or 0800-024-111 for other hours.

It is William not Williams. Hope that doesn’t change anything. I’m trying to type too fast.

Exactly what I had in mind. Thanks IL.

I’ve got a guy from FAP looking at this thread and he will get back to me soon.