My friend - the bike path warrior

I’ve never met my friend but am hoping he posts here. White guy. Probably in his late 40s to early 50s though appears to be the kind of guy who life hasn’t been kind to. Overweight and pasty white skin, both of which are impressive because the only place I’ve seen him has been riding his piece of crap bike, wearing his pirate headband under his helmet, which is nice to wear because he’s going to end up in a pile on the side of the road in the near future.

I’ve seen him three times. The first time he actually brushed my arm as he went by, a few moments before he dodged in between three guys running.

The second time was probably the most impressive as he went around the right side of a domestic helper pushing a wheelchair down the right side of the path.

The third time was this evening as he went by my wife so quickly that he nearly brushed her then decided to ride directly through a group of young people running.

Calling card is him ringing his bell and screaming “小心” as he rides by. I tried to invite him back to chat with me after I made sure the people he rode through were ok but he appeared to be in a hurry and didn’t want to chat. Does anybody know my friend? If you happen to sound like the pathetic piece of garbage I’m describing here, A). consider you are giving foreigners a bad name and B). PM me.

2 Likes

You really think he’d want to PM you after you call him a “pathetic piece of garbage”? :thinking:

I was trying to be PC and pulling my language.

Is it you?

No

The guy is going to hurt somebody or pull his crap with the wrong person and get hurt himself. I initially passed it off as a guy having a bad day but this kind of crap is dangerous and isn’t a good look for foreigners.

Yes, I agree that cyclists who ride at high speeds on sidewalks are a danger to pedestrians.

Pedestrians should always have the highest priority on the sidewalk.