My hotmail is rubbish

I don’t know if others are experiencing this, but my hotmail account has become terribly unpredictable. Nearly every time I log in ( for at least a month now) I get Java script errors. I can’t open my e-mails. It seems that this problem only occurs on some computers and at some times. Aargh. I am, personally, in one of the busiest periods of my life, moving up to Taipei, getting an apartment sorted, buying a car etc. I need my hotmail for many things, it doesnt hurt, but its driving me nuts. (As the man with the steering wheel in his pants said to his doctor.)
Any ideas?

[quote=“TomHill”]I don’t know if others are experiencing this, but my hotmail account has become terribly unpredictable. Nearly every time I log in ( for at least a month now) I get Java script errors. I can’t open my e-mails. It seems that this problem only occurs on some computers and at some times. Aargh. I am, personally, in one of the busiest periods of my life, moving up to Taipei, getting an apartment sorted, buying a car etc. I need my hotmail for many things, it doesnt hurt, but its driving me nuts. (As the man with the steering wheel in his pants said to his doctor.)
Any ideas?[/quote]

What browser/version are you using? Also, a more appropriate forum for this kind of question would beTechnology in Taiwan.

[quote=“TomHill”]I don’t know if others are experiencing this, but my hotmail account has become terribly unpredictable. Nearly every time I log in ( for at least a month now) I get Java script errors. I can’t open my e-mails. It seems that this problem only occurs on some computers and at some times. Aargh. I am, personally, in one of the busiest periods of my life, moving up to Taipei, getting an apartment sorted, buying a car etc. I need my hotmail for many things, it doesnt hurt, but its driving me nuts. (As the man with the steering wheel in his pants said to his doctor.)
Any ideas?[/quote]

Perhaps you can try lowering the cookie security under Internet Explorer OPTIONS and also uncheck the block pop-ups. I hope this helps.

Interesting how HOTMAIl gots its name.

[When Indian-American genius Sabeer Bhatia came up with the business plan for the email service, he tried all kinds of names ending in ‘mail’ and finally settled for Hotmail as it included the letters “HTML” – the markup language used to write web pages. It was initially referred to as HoTMaiL with selective upper casing. If you click on Hotmail’s ‘mail’ tab, you will still find “HoTMaiL” in the URL.]

[quote=“lane119”]Interesting how HOTMAIl gots its name.

[When Indian-American genius Sabeer Bhatia came up with the business plan for the email service, he tried all kinds of names ending in ‘mail’ and finally settled for Hotmail as it included the letters “HTML” – the markup language used to write web pages. It was initially referred to as HoTMaiL with selective upper casing. If you click on Hotmail’s ‘mail’ tab, you will still find “HoTMaiL” in the URL.][/quote]

That was a quick hiatus :wink:

You could try Gmail. 1 Gig of storage, and it’s a good system. I have tons of ‘invites’. PM me a non-hotmail address and I’ll send you an invite.

Brian

[quote=“Bu Lai En”]You could try Gmail. 1 Gig of storage, and it’s a good system. I have tons of ‘invites’. PM me a non-hotmail address and I’ll send you an invite.

Brian[/quote]

Yes, but don’t plan on using Gmail on someone’s old computer with an old browser that they don’t update, it won’t load.

Hotmail loads on the most basic of browsers.

That being said, I use Gmail and love it, but I forward mail to hotmail so I can read emails on another computer that I sometimes use.

Gmail is heavily dependent on Javascript too, so if the OP is having Javascript problems, he’s likely to have them on Gmail too. (I also have tons of Gmail invites, so give me a holler if you want one.) Another possibility is Yahoo Mail, but not sure if it needs Javascript.

And while we are giving history lessons, the original name for Javascript was Livescript but Java was getting popular at around that time, so they renamed it, even though they have little to do with each other.

Does anybody know if gmail changed their policies or are they still sniffing through their customers personal mail to find clue what commercial they like?

Thanks for the help.
I have windows 98…
At 8 am this morning it worked just fine. But now it is playing silly beggars with me again.
I’ll try to lower the security options.

Myway.com

Bots search key-words of e-mails you get, and target ads to you based on that.

They say that people will never see the results of the searching, and that they will never pass it on to an outside party.

If you are very sensitive about this sort of thing you might not want Gmail, but personallly, I find the ads totally unobtrusive, and really, do you think someone’s going to give you a gig of storage for nothing?

Brian

True, but I still don’t like having someone else open my mail, no matter if it is the mail man or some bot. I just don’t like becoming a transparent customer.

Do you actually believe that? I heard many lies from US salespeople, so I don’t trust any businessman over there.

Not really, That’s why I said “they say that”.

But I don’t really care.

Brian

Well, I don’t like my privacy being violated, and I would go as far as sending only PGP encrypted emails to gmail accounts. But honestly, that should probably also standard procedure for other emails sent via the www .

This

sent me to www.com

Just a side note

www is not supposted to be a URL, just a abbreviation for world wide web.

actually, the website name is indeed www.com as you can enter

www.com/

and it takes you to the same page!

:wink:

Kenneth

My hotmail account still hasn’t been upgraded to the full whack, but my Yahoo! account was upgraded twice!

Hmmm!

Let’s see which company do I own shares in… Well, it isn’t MSFT…

Kenneth

Oh.
Mi.
Gad.

My hotmail account says “-0% of 250 MB.” In my Inbox there is nothing. Did everything get deleted? What happened? I hope it’s just a temporary error on Hotmail’s part.

Anyone else experience this?