My Real Concerns

Horseshit.

Think big oil, coal industry, $$$, wanting to drive massive trucks …

Poster above complaining about 4 USD per gallon gas.

BBC News - UK weather: Hottest Easter Monday on record

Not really. Earth will be here for a very long time.
We are just making it harder for wildlife and eventually humans to survive on it.

One word…
Aliens. :alien: :2cents:

KUbw0mz

I remember when it was one dollar a gallon. :grandpa:
Regulations and greed are the only reason it has gotten so high. Time to move on from fossil fuels.

Might very well be. It’s statistically so improbable that we’re alone in this universe. I think there’s this concept called Fermi Paradox… (Hang on a sec)

Solar baby. That’s free energy we’re wasting every second.

Here. Fermi Paradox:

Fermi asks why we don’t see them.

For out there the answer is fairly straightforward , our tools aren’t good enough. We are like Mr Magoo stumbling around in his back garden.

Why we dont see them here?
Definitely could be debated.

Yeah but would be like a dead rock floating around in space.

We are already making it harder for humans to survive , look at temps in India and Middle East now in Summer.

But it would be resource wars along with runaway warming and ocean acidification that could do us in.

It seems like gas went up because of this:

https://www.google.com.tw/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-middle-east-48011496

One of the best things we can do for environment is…not have kids!

I think I might just own a few dogs…

For us, it was this,

Justin Trudope’s Carbon Tax.

You said look at all these other extreme natural events. I than provided evidence to show there hasn’t been a increase of extreme weather. You than went Beserk and posted articles on the earths temperatures and CO2 levels. We aren’t segueing abojt average temperature or CO2 levels.

That you keep building homes in places that are at high of wild fires!!! Idk why that’s hard to get, I’ve said it like 10 times. You’re basically doing what you would accuse of people who just deny any human impact on the climate. Which is when they look outside and it’s cold therefore climate change is not real. You’re doing the same thing by saying look at all these devastation when you’re building homes in places that are at high risk of wildfire.

Which has always happened. And no increases have been notice from data. Some has even suggested less. There are so many areas that don’t have hurricanes, floods etc. No one is forcing you to live in Say Taiwan where there are just going to be typhoons.

I do follow the news. It sounds like you’re just parroting something that you don’t even understand. Just tell me how one of them is making it harder to live in California vs say the ridiculous taxes and regulations that the average folk must pay 2x a much on gas to go through awful gas guzzling traffic in ridiculous high housing prices.

What are you blabbering on about? What a crazy straw man you’re using. I said your logic is ridiculous…shame on you for using people that lost their lives to straw man me in a arguement. This seems like some emotional appeal grasping desperately at something. If I send a bunch of ships on routes in areas that experience extreme storms. I don’t get to claim it’s climate change causing all these devastation to my sinking ships.

Idk what to tell you. But it’s true. It’s also true democrats take from big oil and coal, and want to drive massive trucks.

It’s not Democrats vs Republicans problem . It’s regular people and how they live and what they believe.
If the whole world had the carbon footprint of America our ice caps would be absolutely screwed. Right now we are still screwed but just longer time frame.
To be clear I’m not solely blaming America for global warming but if we all lived like Americans we will have a Jurassic planet much sooner than later. So Americans should get their shit in gear and stop complaining about gas that isn’t even expensive on a global level.

US emissions per capita 15.5
India emissions per capita 1.5

Look at India on that chart. 6% of emissions in 2015.
Imagine what will happen if they ramp up emissions to even quarter or half the USA per head with population of 4x of the USA?

You forgot to mention the US leads all countries in reducing CO2 emissions while places like India are sharply increasing theirs. So perhaps we should live more like Americans.

Americans CO2 emissions per capita are 10x Indians.
US CO2 emissions are still increasing.

Basically need a step change there especially in transportation.

None of that means Indians shouldn’t limit their CO2 emissions either.

Yes, I saw that. Unfortunately a particular cold winter has some cause also a strong economic growth is just bound to cause more emissions. I’m not sure how much you can curb emissions by air travel for business and most production economically.

Some areas did reduce some types of emissions. A record number of coal-fired power plants closed last year which is good to see. And emissions from passenger cars continues to drop as well. Both encouraging. Could still use some progress. For example many places still have laws in place for people to pay a minimum amount even if they don’t use any energy if they’re on the grid. Not really encouraging solar energy like that.

That has been disproven repeatedly. Look at the sources again why don’t you.

When something is about that thing, it’s not called “segueing,” FYI.

Do you know what wildfires do, even? They spread. Hence the saying “spreading like wildfires.” Can’t believe I have to point this out.

This makes little sense. Best rephrase for better understanding.

:point_down:

If you actually believe that then you don’t know how to read.

Do you actually believe this horse sh*t? If you don’t, then better not just spew it out because it makes you sound dumb. I’m not telling you this; the scientists and researchers at NASA and Harvard are.

Interesting how a parroter is trying to call someone else a parroter.

:parrot:

If you haven’t noticed my MANY times of saying it’s a nationwide and even a global crisis, then either you haven’t been paying attention, are too slow in the head to understand, or are arguing for argument’s sake. Which is it?

Always amusing to see someone backpedal.

This is emotional for people in my community, and many non-wealthy communities. Unlike your (willful or not) ignorant theoretical and hypothetical keyboard arguments, this is our very real lives. We, middle class and lower middle class, to people below the poverty line, live it every day. We often are stuck in places and can’t afford to uproot our family, our livelihood, and our realities – to live merry little lives in Europe. Do you even know off the top of your head how much it is to rent a dolly for an hour? Without googling know how much it is to rent a U-Haul truck for a day? We don’t get to send a bunch of ships out that our rich daddy gave us.

Then why are you sh*tting on your own argument? It’s so simple I can’t believe while I’m explaining this I’m not in a classroom with cubby holes and play-doh on the carpet.

Big oil: Check Brianjones’ responses.

Big bank:

Big Pharma:

And before you dismiss John Oliver (blah blah, he’s a comedian, blah blah blah…) – He cites his sources clearly and they’re all verified and come from respectable research institutes or journalism outlets.

My real concern is there won’t be enoughTP on the roll next time I go to La La Land

Woah I’m not liking the tone, I’ve kept things civil.

Let’s just stick to a few things before you keep going on every topic that comes to your mind from decades ago.

For example, You said wild fires are getting worse and causing more devastation due to climate change. And that more devastation and bigger wildfires are evidence of this

Not true. Wild fires are getting worse because

1. We don’t let natural wild fires run its course like it’s suppose to. We stop them because we keep building homes in places that should burn through. So we stop them to try to protect homes in places that should naturally have wild fire. So doing this, it turns out will cause huge wild fires because it causes a lot of dry and dead plants on the forest floor when larger trees cover them instead of re starting the cycle like it always has done with natural wild fires.
  2. We build homes in areas that are at high risk of wild fires. You can’t say wild fires are more devastating and use it as evidence of climate change…when you build homes to be devastated in places that are at risk of wild fires. Do you not comprehend this analogy I keep repeating? If I keep sending ships in routes that I know are at high risk of large storms, I can not use this as evidence that storms are getting worse and bigger and more devastating.

. If you care about the environment, ask why the Democrats are so shit at urban zoning and allow homes to be built in places that we have no business building homes in.

You said Extreme weather are getting worse and more common.

Also not true. You also presume your data disproves mine (even though none of your sources provide data on extreme weather) instead of maybe my data disproves yours lol.

Also, stop bringing up things NASA scientists didn’t say. They simply talk about increase in temperature and rise in CO2 level like all of your sources. I know these are true, I can read a chart to see. This isn’t what we are talking about, you can’t use a rise in CO2 levels to disprove there are not more extreme weather occurrence when you have not shown me they are directly correlated.

Here is the data, you do not need to be a Harvard scientist or in NASA to understand simple graph charts.

https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/despite-what-youve-heard-global-warming-isnt-making-weather-more-extreme/

Well I for one am shocked that you weren’t totally cowed by John Oliver citing sources. I mean. Holy moly. The citing was so clear (seemed to be HD to me), just can’t imagine anything clearer but here we are, you nazi Trump apologist you (/s).

Still, I would urge caution moving forward. You probably know why.

eta: Totally shocked. :smile:

1 Like

Well I am just about finishing up a week of annual leave. Haven’t done a whole lot except a day trip to Yosemite. There and back , fun enough but 8 hours of driving is a bit much.

Showed some visitors around yesterday and drove up Mt Diablo.

Other than that watching a bunch of youtube vids.

OMG , the gist of this whole thing is that we as one human bean to another have a whole host of shit stuff to be worried about !

Forget the more esoteric “meteor heading our way” , “killer planet hiding behind our moon’s shadow” stuff.

There’s worry about Monsanto messing up food crops with frankencrops whos seeds destroy genuine “non gmo” crops. Worry about farmed fish . OMG, you can’t eat any of that shit. CAn’t eat fish from the baltic either. Basically don’t eat fish ! Unless its local ocean caught. Eat nothing farmed.

Worry about China and the geopolitics of the US vs China in the pacific leading to War, etc. Kim Jung UN and his antics

In short there is a host of worries to be had ! Too many human beans on the planet too? What is it 7 billion heading for 8? And then worry about not having enough human beans to keep the current population getting social security checks because of aging?? So apparently the magic number for proper sustainability is now 12 billion?? Who said that? Who is right?

We cant have more humans because we are killing off the earth that sustains us with all these humanoids and yet the paradox we cant have LESS humans because productivity falls and nobody is around to take care of the world when the old retire?

We are killing off all the major animals and eventually we will just be left with ducks and chickens and the such. And we kill baby male chicks the moment they are hatched??? Dang cruel isn’t that?

Why can’t they live in pastures and get eaten like the female chicks?

There is just so much evil in the world. And even to exist is worrisome. Should we embark on having a child when that child will come into an existence full of worry? IS there a God? Is there life after death? LIfe is short and then there is death? etc.

To exist in todays world is not easy by any yardstick for most people. Philosophically, Physically, metaphysically, whatever, you name it.

And then thoughts about "how come some people are such successes at what they do and then there is yourself in the mirror?? UGH.

Those of us here now were born or hatched or whatever. To want to bring willingly another human being onto this space requires either zero thinking or a good philosophical base or spiritual base.

If you and your wife want a kid, and if you think you’re young enough to support your wife in the effort (let’s face it, having a child is imo the greatest joy ever in life … but the greatest burden will naturally fall on the mother’s shoulders, at least in the first ten years of the kid’s life) then please feel free to ignore anybody who says otherwise.

Have a kid and enjoy life, they’re one and the same. Or more than one, the more the merrier. Ignore the dead-but-still-walking libs who say having a kid is some kind of sin, and live it up.

We know you practice it anyway, tommy, you horndog you. Go ahead and become a dad if she wants to be a mom. I think you’ll both become much happier as a result … and I suspect you’d make a great dad, too.

Best.

2 Likes