My record collection quandry

Don’t do it, you silly bugger. You’ll live to regret it.

Not so keen on the more recent stuff but a big up for 70s dancehall, dub, roots . . . Linton Kwezi, ska, etc. Erh, yes, a wide selection!

HG[/quote]

Personally, I’m a big fan of Studio One, Treasure Isle’s output…Rocksteady, early dubs (before they disappeared up their own arses) Channel One, Black Ark etc… roots… and early dancehall before it got too slack… I’ll stop before I bore other readers :wink: .

After a few hours umming and ahhing, getting some very persuasive PMs and hearing the forumosa heavyweights get involved…

The masses have spoken I would be an idiot to get rid of them… I’m going to keep the collection intact.

Thanks to all who helped me see the light

Yeah!
I told you that it was an ‘instant bad move’ which shall forever now be know as the ‘funk500 quandry.’
It helps me remember that I am not mad, and that a mans records are a prized possession.
My old man STILL goes on about how his brother Bruce borrowed his stereo version of St Peppers (cos they used to make a stereo and a mono version of records. Mono was cheaper.) and took it to a party and came home with the sleeve but no LP’s, and he is 60 now.
Think on young man, if you must throw summat out then how about that boy scout uniform, or the corduroy trousers?
Tom rests easy again.