My school is moving: does it change something for me?

Hi!

I’m working for a cram school located in NanYang Jie and they are moving end of next month (we’ll be in KMall now). Does it change something to my work contract/permit and ARC??

Thanks

Provided that the employer name is not changing then this move will not affect your documents.

Your employer will have to update things with the government but should they neglect to do this then this will have no impact upon you.

Brian, are you sure about this?
I thought that some teachers got deported for working for a different branch (of a chain) than the one listed on the work permit.
Don’t they check the address when they do the raids?

You need to get the address on your ARC changed! I went through the same process a couple of years ago.

L.

Thanks for answer. So, what paperworks should I bring to the Police??

[quote=“bobl”]Brian, are you sure about this?
I thought that some teachers got deported for working for a different branch (of a chain) than the one listed on the work permit.
Don’t they check the address when they do the raids?[/quote]

You are correct in what you say here but this has nothing to do with an address, but everything to do with the name of the employer stated on your ARC.

In the case of chain schools each location is registered under a different name and considered a different entity by the authorities. So although it may have the same English name and owner it is for all intents and purposes two seperate employers. Your ARC would need to reflect this by having both registered names on your ARC.

In a raid the government does not check addresses as there is no employer address listed on your ARC. They are checking that the employer name on your ARC matches the employer name at the place you are working.

There is no employer address stated on an ARC so how does one go about changing this? Are your perhaps referring to the fact that the employer would need to ensure that the records were updated centrally?

My advice would be to wait until Limey confirms the above as you may just avoid an unneccessary trip. To my knowledge you the teacher don’t need to do anything in this case.

We moved about one hundred yards down the road. I had to wait for the school’s licence to be granted then take a letter from my employer stating the change to the FAP in Banchiao ( I live in Taipei county). I made the change because my employer asked me too. They changed it for no fee.
Perhaps we were being over careful, but you never know. I’d rather do this than risk getting fined because my paperwork wasn’t in order.

Best advice - get your boss to ring them and ask. Horse’s mouth n’ all that.

Hope this helps.

L.

I don’t understand this. Did the school have a licence before the move? And if so did you have an ARC with that school before the move? If they did have a licence before the move then why did they need to wait for a licence after the move? Were they waiting for a new business licence due to a change of address? Surely they would just update the old one.

Or was it a case that with the move came a new name for some reason and hence your ARC was updated to reflect the new name rather than the new address?

As I stated earlier there is no place on your ARC for your employer address so exactly what did they update when you say you had this updated after the move?

Agreed but I wouldn’t call the boss I would call the FAP. I have not always been impressed by the level of knowledge of these things shown by employers. Best to get your information straight from the guys who matter.

I went to the Police this aternoon… they told me I need a new work permit???

I’m dying, let me get out of that “a la Kafka” administrative nightmare named Taiwan…

I don’t understand this. Did the school have a licence before the move? And if so did you have an ARC with that school before the move? If they did have a licence before the move then why did they need to wait for a licence after the move? Were they waiting for a new business licence due to a change of address? Surely they would just update the old one.[/quote]AFAIK the license for a buxiban applies to the physical address, not the business. That’s why it’s fairly easy to buy an existing cram school. A new license has to be sought for a new premises, though. The local department of education need to know how many rooms are to be classrooms, etc., and they need to see the fire safety certificates.

[quote] Best to get your information straight from the guys who matter.
[/quote]

Follow that up with a FAXED statement to that effect along with signature and also have it sent registered mail!

You can NEVER be too careful!

Rules/ Regulations/ Precedures tend to change with the direction of the wind.
:rant:

And when you are in doubt…speak with the supervisor for the ubiquitous response of " 你應該知道."
:dance:
WTF?

Gonna ask for the Procedures/ Rules/ Regs in English and Chinese and see what happens…