My stunning girlfriend

Take away her stun gun.

People here rarely make bitchy, snide remarks. They’re more than likely saying things like: 'I dare you to say, ‘How are you?’ Go on!" [giggle giggle] or 'She’s so beautiful. Her skin is so white. American girls are so tall!" etc.
Tell your girlfriend to relax. The starers are probably just awe-struck.

I’m reminded of something I read in a Milan Kundera book years ago.

If you want to attract beautiful women have one beautiful girlfriend and she’ll attract them all for you.

[quote=“Fox”]I’m reminded of something I read in a Milan Kundera book years ago.

If you want to attract beautiful women have one beautiful girlfriend and she’ll attract them all for you.[/quote]

Words to live by. If you want to pick up chicks the easy way, just go to a bar with one.

P.S. I caught two female taiwanese co teachers staring at my ass. They do it all the time but this time they were at it together. What I’m trying to say here is that I know what your girlfriend is going through. Don’t worry about it too much, once your gf gets to the old age of 19 or 20, she’ll be mentally mature enough to handle it. And yeah, they are probably just going on about how big her boobs are. Or, maybe, her behind. I mean, her ass. In Taiwanese eyes it might be perceived as unbelievably giagantic which would be the cause of them giggling.

P.S.2. Unlike your girlfriend I have an amazing ass.

Carry on.

TITTIWOP.

from the amount of staring at the items in my buggy that goes on when i go shopping for groceries, it’s hardly surprising that people take some time out to look at a real person …

and i agree that they are likely to be daring each other to say hello, but are too embarrassed, thus the laughing.

[quote=“Rascal”]There is no point in confronting them. It won’t solve the problem, rather create more.

No ways man. If someone gossips RIGHT in front of me, and ask their friends to turn around, and then look me up and down…HELL yeah I will join their little conversation. If people have to tact, they need to be embarassed right back.

When I had short hair old ladies used to waggle up to me, poke at my boobies and say ‘aaah it’s a girl’ I poked them right back:)

[quote=“smerf”]Tell your girlfriend that the proper cultural response is for her to first dump a big bucket of water over herself, with an emphasis on the chest area. Secondly, she should then dump a big bucket of water over the offending xiaojies, again with an emphasis on the chest area. Next, your girlfriend should violently pull at the hair and clothing of the offending xiaojies in an effort to remove the water-soaked clothing from their persons. The xiaojies will respond in kind and pull at the clothing and hair of your girlfriend. The xiaojies will likely emit a high-pitched squeal during this exchange at which time your girlfriend should then begin to emit a lower-pitched moan to counteract the tone from the xioajies. Finally, when this is occurring, you should immediately post your exact whereabouts on Forumosa so we can all come and watch.

I know it sounds strange, but that

If you could understand Mandarin and hear what they are saying, you’d learn that these girls are just admiring your girlfriend. What is often perceived as negative is simply a misunderstanding.

This was my own view to begin with, but to confirm, I asked my girlfriend. She said “Tell her not to worry. The girls are just interested in her because she’s foreign and pretty. They aren’t going to say anything negative about her.”

There you have it. Remind her that when she’s 40 or 50 and people are still commenting on how beautiful she is, she’ll love it :bravo: .

Do you teach your students to start their sentences with lower-case letters? :no-no:

incidentally she does not have big boobs, or blonde hair. she is slender and has long black hair. thank-you all for your input, i was a little worried about people running with this in a negative way. i really got some good feedback, which is precisely the basis of this forum. so thanks.

to the poster who commented on my lack of uppercase letters i would suggest you have a little too much time on your hands. i like lowercase.

idontlikepunctuationorspaceseither

English should introduce to write Nouns as Capitals. That is what I like.

People here are usually friendly but very direct. They usually see foreigners as a fairy tale creature and treat them like that.

“Can I touch your big belly” is what I heard often enough. I am now reducing my weight. I rejected the nose operation my wife suggested nevertheless.

No one should ever have plastic surgery on their nose. Big noses have character. Why trade in your distinctiveness for an anonymous small nose that erases the personality of your face?

My ignorance precludes me from understanding the aforementioned. Please enlighten.

y’all got great advice for this man…now where’s the pix of this ‘most beautiful (foreign - with long black hair and not so big boobs)girl in taiwan?’

perhaps her long dark hair and slim figure make the locals somehow think she might be a 混血兒 ie. of half asian, half western descent,… for some reason Taiwanese show insatiable levels of curiosity for this type of “mixed blood people”, to use their terminology… especially attractive young ladies…

or maybe she’s just a dead ringer for some Taiwanese celebrity or other…

[quote=“bob_honest”]

People here are usually friendly but very direct. They usually see foreigners as a fairy tale creature and treat them like that.
.[/quote]

Yea, and being that im black i conjure up memories of :

Is she, by any chance, wont to venture out without padding up in a good thick bra, so that telltale protrusions of a nipplesome nature are visible through her clothing? If so, no matter how gorgeous she may or may not be, she’ll attract stares and provoke comment wherever she goes. Such a display is rare in these parts, as Taiwanese girls will go to almost any lengths to hide evidence of their being endowed with nipples, though I can’t for the life of me understand why.

[quote=“Namahottie”][quote=“bob_honest”]

.[/quote]

Yea, and being that I’m black i conjure up memories of :

[/quote]

yup, I did not distinguish too much here, sorry. I wrote somewhere in another tread I have noticed unfriendly stares to SE Asians and black people. It is in all countries, but more hidden and I think less in quantity than in TWN.