My Taiwanese wife got her US concealed carry weapons permit today

Just out of curiosity, what is she carrying?

I hope you’re encouraging her to practice, practice, practice. While this applies to everybody, it’s really important for females to become accustomed to the sound of ambient gunfire. … Yes, I know how that sounds to those who aren’t American, or who don’t exercise their Second Amendment rights if they are. But along with training it’s crucial to become acclimated to gunfire around you. Believe me, you’re going to flinch. Carrying a handgun may end up being a mistake if gunfire around you proves so unnerving you can’t use it.

I hope she’s getting sufficient resources to learn how to use her handgun safely. Range time + ammunition can be expensive.

For the purposes of this thread, I think it would be a good idea for you to post a photo of your scantily-clad wife holding a gun in a sexy pose. Just a suggestion.

8 Likes

Nice.
I just read that green card holders can get a concealed permit for the state I looked at (offhand). So, that’s nice to know.

1911 is a nice gun. I have one.

One thing to mention to your wife.
If you ever get pulled over by a police officer/sheriff’s car, then hand over the concealed permit together with the drivers license and mention either “there is no gun in the car” or “I have a concealed gun [in location]”. Typically, the officer/sheriff will know about the concealed weapon permit (based perhaps on car license plate that is hooked up to drivers license), and it’s always nice/polite to proactively first tell the officer about the permit.

Good for her.

I would never use the word ‘gun’ around a police officer you don’t know personally. Probably better advice to put your hands at the 10-2 o’clock positions on the steering wheel first. Then tell the officer you have a CCW permit. Then ask for direction about what to do next.

Not a good idea to announce you have a gun if you’re pulled over. No surprises is good.

For the purposes of this thread, I think it would be a good idea for you to post a photo of your scantily-clad wife holding a gun in a sexy pose. Just a suggestion.

Ha I know right, but she wont allow it and now she’s armed. I practice weekly and as long as I am better than her she will keep trying to beet me.
when we go together I just reload magazines.

she carried a Taurus pt111 (in condition 3 for safety ) That gun gets a lot of complaints but it sure is a good gun. I’m very gun savvy and I have to say I’m impressed.

She sees guns as a simple tool. She calls me a gun nerd. 9mm is about $10 a box cheaper if you buy in bulk

20 posts were merged into an existing topic: USA and gun control

As they say, an armed couple is a polite couple. :sunglasses:

9mm Luger is good. I hate crappy little 9mm Kurz (.380) semi-autos, and that’s what tends to get pushed off on women.

Good for her!

Do you own a concealed permit?
Do you have any police officers as close friends?
I know 2 personally.

cops here are very cool about it. We live in a very low crime area. Everyone is armed. out of 12 houses on my street 10 have ar’s or ak’s.

It was interesting to see the demographics in the permit class. lots of women, African Americans,
an Arabic woman, 2 elderly ladies. over half the class was women. I think its very empowering for them.

youre also less likely to get a ticket for a minor traffic violation if you have a concealed carry permit because the police officer knows you are probably not a trouble maker

1 Like

I do, both. I’m not trying to disparage police. Most of them will be fine with you’re having a CCW. But there are a few who can get spooked. My only concern is to stay safe.

Peace.

youre also less likely to get a ticket for a minor traffic violation if you have a concealed carry permit because the police officer knows you are probably not a trouble maker
[/quote]

Exactly my point.
Knowing those 2 cops as close friends, they realize that concealed permit holders are the least of their worries, because those permit holders are jumping through the loops to practice safe gun control.

I agree but my pocket gun a little pt22 9 shot 22 semi auto. I needed it twice. those are long stories but once it surly kept us from getting robbed while on vacation but the other time a guy jumped in my van and told me to drive. long story short he was stoned and thought I was his uber but he sobered up fast. I did take him to get his chicken mcnuggets though.

3 Likes

I had, and have, the same experience demographics-wise. The range I go to most often may have more women than men practicing. And not just handguns, either. This range supports indoor firing of semi-automatic rifles, and I have seen many women firing AR-15s and AK-47/74s there. About a third of the store up front has been given over to women fashion accessories (bags, clothing, etc.)

I think that’s cool. A lot of American women are exercising their second amendment rights these days, which is fantastic.

Somewhere in America that day, a jilted Uber driver lost his faith in humanity. :sob:

Ha!
well its midnight here. Time to sign off I forgot how much I enjoyed this forum. Take care everyone.

1 Like

Remember a guy in Minnesota was shot point blank by a police officer for letting the officer know he had a concealed carry permit.

That poor kid in the car just witnessed a murder and is probably going to grow up to hate cops with a passion.

Still, at least Americans have their guns, so they can protect themselves against a violent State apparatus.

Surely Americans have a protocol that people with a CC permit are taught, and that police officers are trained to recognize, so that this kind of bizarre crap doesn’t happen? Or have they not got around to figuring that out?

I have one. I’m a ROC citizen.

The trend is to do away with permits and classes. 7 states require none.