My take on some different kinds of BIG BIKES for Taiwan

[quote=“Mordeth”].

This says it has less torque…
A childish comparison :wink:[/quote]

:astonished: f*ck me!.. that GSX-R is a brute!!.. 88.5ft.lbs at zero rpm!.. bloody hell imagine if you gave it some revs :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Suzuki claim a slightly more modest torque figure… Suzuki Website

My website said 120 Nm the official website says 117…now all you need to do is provide the link that shows the GS gets higher than either of those numbers and I’ll stand corrected.

Mordeth, you might also want to check when the torque is at it’s best on either bikes…the GS being at 5,500 RPM’s…which is much earlier than the GSX-R…

here’s the BME page… .(115nms @ 5,500rpm)…2nms difference… but on the Gixxer, it’s useable way up there…http://www.bmw-motorrad.co.uk/gb/en/index.html

Mordeth, you might also want to check when the torque is at it’s best on either bikes…the GS being at 5,500 RPM’s…which is much earlier than the GSX-R…

here’s the BME page… .(115nms @ 5,500rpm)…2nms difference… but on the Gixxer, it’s useable way up there…http://www.bmw-motorrad.co.uk/gb/en/index.html[/quote]

On the topic of torque and useable rpms…I’ve heard plasma comment on it before. Saying how sportsbikes get their main “power” only in the high rpms where most people rarely go. And that’s true.

But if you aren’t “most people” and you have a tiny amount of skill in using a clutch. You can get any amount of torque at any speed. You just need to feather the clutch.

I agree that having the torque low down where it’s more useable makes riding those bikes more practical…but if I wanted practical…I wouldn’t have been riding a sportsbike in the first place.

Actually I left my browser open and when I saw it this morning I realised that the tyres are in fact moving, and his foot it not down like I thought. This, children, is why you should not post when drunk.

My (drunken) reasoning had been that his foot was down and it’s very difficult to lean a bike like that while leaning your torso in the same direction and not fall over, hence the upright stance. But it’s moot. The bike is moving. I’m a (drunk) idiot.

Cheers :beer:

kamiwaza

It’s okay. That’s why I always reframe from surfing while drunk. :smiley:

I would never surf while drunk. But I’m not a very good swimmer. I wouldn’t even doggy paddle while drunk.

So this was a very interesting thread before some people started this “mine is better than yours” thing.
Calm down, get relaxed and just come back to it (or to a cold pint of tasty what ever you drink). We all love motorbikes, we all love to ride them but there are different ways and forms to do this, and so what?
And to tell you the truth, I believe that if anybody of you wouldn’t need to mind money, everybody would love to own at least one bike out of each category just for sometimes having fun in the “bad other way”.
Let’s be people who have the same “religion” which is called “big bike” but we “pray” it in different ways, but it’s the same address it goes to. :wink:

[quote=“mingshah”]

I live in Longtan and I think the mentioned track is the one here (and I live just arround the corner of it…). So as far as I know the race track is open even there are no official races besides kart and scooter but there are others going on the track. A friend told me he saw some kind of supermoto drivers prepairing (locals so he said they just had some up to 250 cc… want to check that out once too…) [/quote]

The track I’m talking about in Long-Tan has NO kart or scooter races on it. I was speaking of the T.I.S. track that only has cars and motorcycles. Is it still open?