My Teco dryer doesn't work well

Two months ago I bought a Teco dryer that is supposed to dry 5 kilos of clothes for NT$ 4700. I was tempted to buy a Panasonic that was costing NT$ 7000. Then I ended up saving money and bought a local brand, Teco. Waste of money!!! This dryer gives me headache everyday, I set it to dry for 2 hours, after that the clothes are still wet and I put another hour, then I can feel the hot air but the clothes don’t dry well. And the shop won’t take back and refund me. For appliances, buy a better brand.

That’s a lot of money to dry a load of washing.

AND she didn’t dry it.

I bought four bottles of Japanese ‘Frenchstyle’ wine from the 7-11 that I regretted. Some medical care that they should have paid me for. A pair of chopsticks with a piece missing. A really bad icky-straight hairdo. A bao of crab claws on the turn.

That’s a lot of money to dry a load of washing.[/quote]

Oh, my bad. Since I am here again let me give more details, the product is a Teco dryer QD5568NA printed on the front panel.
Beware of this s&%#@$ product. Really, really bad

Most Taiwanese people will hang-dry their clothes to get rid of most of the moisture, and then put their clothes in these cheapo dryers when they’re just a little damp. If you do it that way, it works. If you want a real dryer, BUY a real dryer, but be prepared for higher electric bills.

I get some laundry place near my office to wash all my clothes for $60/bag. I take my dirty underoos there on the way to work and collect them on the way out all nicely folded from a nice Hong Kong lady who pretends not to have noticed the poo stains.

It comes to about $700/month for our family’s washing. Given that a real washing machine costs $40-50k here and a proper dryer the same again, why does anyone in Taiwan bother scrubbing their own damn gussets?

I’ve got a proper washer and dryer - bought them used in 2001 for 7k. They’ve worked beautifully - haven’t had to call a repairman once. :thumbsup:

Well, a perfectly good, useful washing machine only costs a bit over $10,000, so at your expenditure rate, after 14 months have passed, it’s all money in my pocket. A LOT of money. :smiley: And it doesn’t do a person any harm to do a bit of lifting and hanging. In fact, it’s good for you to busy yourself with manual tasks, as opposed to slowly growing ever more obese and lazy, with increasingly clogged arteries, leading to an early death.

Trust me, laundry doesn’t make much difference. Now, getting the laundry to deliver it because you can’t be bothered to take the lift downstairs is lazy… Especially if you own a washing machine and hire a cleaner.

The animated old bloke is not OK, btw, on so many levels.

I have the same teco dryer. I bought it used for 800 bucks. At the back of the drum there’s a round thing that you spin off. Do this, and remove the lint. Works much better after that. Well, mine did, anyway.

Slap!
Men, should we really be discussing laundry appliances? A drier ain’t no power tool gentlemen!

[color=#BF0000]BAD. NO.[/color]

[color=green]GOOD. YES.[/color]

You peasants carry on with your top-loading abominations while uncle llary basks in his kitten-soft, freshly folded laundry.

[quote=“almas john”]Slap!
Men, should we really be discussing laundry appliances? A drier ain’t no power tool gentlemen![/quote]

Anything that can clean my underpants needs a bit of horsepower.

I have this model too. It really is crap. Are you cleaning the lint trap Daisy? That helps for sure. I clean mine every 2 loads and keep the loads small, my clothes dry in 2 or 3 hours

[quote=“llary”]
[color=#BF0000]BAD. NO.[/color]

[color=green]GOOD. YES.[/color]

You peasants carry on with your top-loading abominations while uncle llary basks in his kitten-soft, freshly folded laundry.[/quote]

llary mate you got it backwards - the combo front loader suck the worst.

Get the big metal whirlpool units at costco.

Thank you! I never cleaned my lint. I though that the plastic white crescent was the lint collector, but I never found any lint on it. Yesterday I remove the back cover inside and the lint was thick. Today it is working better but still takes 2 hours to dry and the temperature is not really hot. Maybe this is the standard quality of appliances bought in taiwanese hypermarkets. But it is cheap anyway. In the States I used to put some coins and in 45 min you would get very dry clothes.
Also the cheap vacuum cleaners here are crap, I miss my Dirty Devil.

When the Housekitten was born, we bought one of those teco crap dryers, too. He was born in Feb. and it was always too cold/wet for hanging to work, plus I wanted his clothes to be soft and nice.

The dryer worked well enough for his clothes, because I could dry quite a few tiny baby outfits in one load. For grown up people clothes, however, two pair of jeans were simply warmed up, but still wet, after two hours. For grown up clothes, you’ll have to invest in a REAL appliance, I’m affraid.

Thank you! I never cleaned my lint. I though that the plastic white crescent was the lint collector, but I never found any lint on it. Yesterday I remove the back cover inside and the lint was thick. Today it is working better but still takes 2 hours to dry and the temperature is not really hot. Maybe this is the standard quality of appliances bought in taiwanese hypermarkets. But it is cheap anyway. In the States I used to put some coins and in 45 min you would get very dry clothes.
Also the cheap vacuum cleaners here are crap, I miss my Dirty Devil.[/quote]

You can get “US style” dryers in COSTCO. Local stuff does not make the grade. Just make sure you have enough space for it.

It is not as much quality as the needs of the market -used only a few weeks a year at most-, limitation of voltage and space, and technlogy -patents are expensive. OK, OK, and quality, too.

ps. OFF TOPIC
They also have Dirt Devils :smiley:

Also those cheap TECO dryers only use 110 volt supply so they just don’t pack the punch that a big american dryer would. I usually hang my clothes up anyway and then use the dryer to soften them up and de-wrinkle them so I don’t have to iron. Works fine = chabudou!

[quote=“almas john”]Slap!
Men, should we really be discussing laundry appliances? A drier ain’t no power tool gentlemen![/quote]
Well AJ, to pander to your sensibilities a little, western washers and dryers are also recommended for their ability to accomodate, at least in some positions, two consenting adults whilst vibrating merrily. The local brands just aren’t built tough enough to sustain alternative uses.