My terrifying morning - PARENTS OF INFANTS, PLEASE READ THIS

[quote=“Hobbes”]
For those of you who are familiar with this already, my apologies for the sensationalist title of this thread – a title that I chose in order to get people’s attention. But you have to understand that my target audience here consists of people like me – who have babies but never happened to learn about this. I can’t tell you how much I would have preferred to have read about this yesterday, as opposed to today (after my boy had had the febrile seizure). From what I understand, there is nothing I could have done to prevent it, but it would kept me from being so scared when it happened. Hopefully this post will help a few people who read it (and spend a few minutes reading the links) to at least know what to expect if this happens, and to know that it in almost all cases it is not nearly as dangerous at it looks when you see it for the first time.

Cheers fellow parents,
Hobbes[/quote]

I sighed a big sigh of relief over this. At the same time, be careful not to get a child to a doctor when you notice those symptoms. That can be a sign of something else as well.

Better to be safe than sorry.

Matt