My Thoughts About Taiwan After 1.5 Years

I’ve seen that situation before.
Had it happen recently too.

I like to go to a certain hot spring on my day off. A worker, an older guy, was almost borderline harassing me to talk with him, coming by every 10 minutes… i was getting annoyed but kept a smile on. He got my phone number and said… you’re my English teacher. I reminded him that he can call but I’m not free all the time to chat. He said ok.
The next few visits he kept up chatting with me repeatedly.

The last visit he invited me for a coffee before I left the resort, I obliged. He made sure all his friends saw his new friend.

The next and subsequent visits?
He hides on me now, if i come in he says sorry I can’t talk , I’m working on the other side of the resort today. Anytime I visit he runs.

My usefulness is finished now that everyone knows he can speak English well.
Not that I’m disappointed but…

1 Like

Yeah, epic fail there. Huge summer vacations in Europe; likewise downunder where companies close Dec. 24 and reopen Jan. 4.

3 Likes

once-a-cehater

lol wut?

1 Like

Actually they don’t. The guy who got busted a few months ago outside ATT and that people were convinced would be doing 12 years hard labor got, wait for it, 12 months of weekly urine testing. No criminal record, no job/ARC jeopardy, certainly no deportation.

[I couldn’t find the original thread for this which is why I jumped in here with a wee report]

1 Like

In some countries in Europe they do random spit tests on road side checks.

I still don’t know if the OP was being serious…does anyone really believe that a teacher who enjoys the odd spliff is “a scary terrible thing”? My father enjoyed the odd spliff but he’s not scary or terrible in the least, he’s an upstanding pillar of the community. :sunglasses:

Maybe OP has conservative Asian parents that instilled certain values :wink:

Like being perpetually unemployed?

1 Like

Hang on, which OP we talkin’ about?

I was referring to the thread linked by @slawa

So not this thread’s OP :grin:

Ohhhhhh…

My guess is that she was referring to this (and that the phrase “white devils” was irony):

Apologising about throwing a banana skin to a whole nation .

It doesn’t get more bizarre than that.

3 Likes

Today there were a bunch of wax apples that had fallen off a tree down by the river. I picked one up, smelled it, and then made the impulsive and unwise decision to throw it into the river, thinking maybe the fish would like a nibble. This was in full view of a busy bridge. As soon as I saw that thing float down the river I was like, “that’s it, I’m fucked, I’ll be on facebook tonight and issuing my apology to the taiwanese people tomorrow”.

10 Likes

Get a lawyer.

3 Likes

Tomorrow news headline:
Foreigner steals fine produce, destroys it out of spite polluting the environment.

3 Likes

Farmers blame foreign thieves for high fruit prices

6 Likes

Foreigner frustrated with local language: in fit of rage throws apple and asks rhetorically why tones are needed at all

4 Likes