My Thoughts About Taiwan After 1.5 Years

Maybe OP has conservative Asian parents that instilled certain values :wink:

Like being perpetually unemployed?

1 Like

Hang on, which OP we talkin’ about?

I was referring to the thread linked by @slawa

So not this thread’s OP :grin:

Ohhhhhh…

My guess is that she was referring to this (and that the phrase “white devils” was irony):

Apologising about throwing a banana skin to a whole nation .

It doesn’t get more bizarre than that.

3 Likes

Today there were a bunch of wax apples that had fallen off a tree down by the river. I picked one up, smelled it, and then made the impulsive and unwise decision to throw it into the river, thinking maybe the fish would like a nibble. This was in full view of a busy bridge. As soon as I saw that thing float down the river I was like, “that’s it, I’m fucked, I’ll be on facebook tonight and issuing my apology to the taiwanese people tomorrow”.

10 Likes

Get a lawyer.

3 Likes

Tomorrow news headline:
Foreigner steals fine produce, destroys it out of spite polluting the environment.

3 Likes

Farmers blame foreign thieves for high fruit prices

6 Likes

Foreigner frustrated with local language: in fit of rage throws apple and asks rhetorically why tones are needed at all

4 Likes

wax apples”.
I love them!! One of my top-2 favorite fruits in Taiwan, along with sugar apple.

2 Likes

Foreign Pervert Gropes Local "Fruit"

2 Likes

There are tones? :eek:

3 Likes

there, looks much better.

1 Like

I also groped the riverside papaya, but is was more of an MRT public transportation type of grope.

1 Like

OK, the papaya makes sense…

1 Like

I’d hit that.

1 Like

Ah, the infamous “papaya milk.” Delicious! I’m considering adding that to my beverage line.