Mysterious Metal Monolith in Utah

What is it?

2 Likes

The time is upon us. Repent now. He is coming.

But yeah. It’s probably IRL trolling. If you approach it and it asks you where it can get good cheap jeans, we’ll know for sure.

2 Likes

Some military testing installation probably, or some one with too much time and money!

1 Like

The whole thing sounds whacked.

Discovered while people were counting sheep?

Awesome! The new crop circles are here!

Suuure they were. Just counting.

Anyway, reckon it’s either a practical joke or a piece of art, as the article says. Unless it’s full of stars.

Go look. I’ll stay over here.

I’m sorry Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.

5 Likes

Who’s military!!? Al Qaeda? Antifa? QAnon? :runaway:

Could be Joseph Smith’s sequel!

https://dpsnews.utah.gov/dps-aero-bureau-encounters-monolith-in-red-rock-country/

The crew said there was no obvious indication of who might have put the monolith there.

The exact location of the installation is not being disclosed since it is in a very remote area and if individuals were to attempt to visit the area, there is a significant possibility they may become stranded and require rescue.

It is illegal to install structures or art without authorization on federally managed public lands, no matter what planet you’re from.

Humor is not dead in America! :banana:

1 Like

US, some kind of testing target or something?

It’s working! Hell, this year, we’re all in shock anyway. Just spring the friggin aliens on us already.

2 Likes

@yyy, do you know anything about this?

Maybe it’s Bezos. Or rather, a public relations bit of marketing for Amazon’s The Expanse.

This thing was installed, so the viral marketing goes, by the Latter Day Saints so that the LDSS Nauvoo’s communicatons laser could light it up enough to view from interstellar space on their journey to Tau Ceti.

j/k Maybe it’s an installation in Utah made by an eccentric artist, ala Marfa, TX, fifty years ago.

but made by Americans, so the math is easier :wink:

1 Like

Just came here to see whether the usual suspects have posted a tweet yet claiming that it’s full of fake Biden votes.

Geometry is easier?

1 Like

The geometry of one is easier than the geometry of the other

1 Like

2020: “ready for the grand finale?”

2 Likes

Maybe the aliens are preparing to land and “liberate” us from stupidity