Mysterious Seeds Sent From China

What are these seeds?

https://www.thenewstribune.com/news/nation-world/national/article244479272.html

1 Like

It can’t be that difficult for UK or US authorities to genotype a few samples of the seeds to see what they are and determine whether they’re anything nefarious…

Smells like fake news.

2 Likes

If true, it wouldnt likely be to try ands pread an invasive plant species. It would most likely be to spread a pathogen and damage the ag industry.

You can’t even order seeds from taobao. Seed is prohibited according to their regulations.

If it’s true, it seems to have stirred up a lot of anti-Chinese sentiment. False flag operation? :slight_smile:

My money’s on them being the seeds of some kinda pneumonia-emitting tree.

Still better than Bradford pears…incidentally also native to China.

2 Likes

I would say it is almost certainly not a false flag if they are carrying disease. But independent testing would prove or disprove that. No country would slit their own throats on food security. Not even trump.

I meant maybe it’s a third party (not the British, or the Americans) attempting to stir up anti-Chinese sentiment. Xinjiang eco-terrorists? :slight_smile:

It would certainly be interesting to find out what the seeds are, though. Assuming the reports are even true. It’s hard to know what to believe anymore.

Seems true, it’s from so many different news sources and many locations. A bit troubling to hear this news. Just wondering why this happened?

Maybe they’re seeds of love.

2 Likes

I’m just going to put this here…

Whatever you do, don’t plant the seeds and for goodness sake don’t ingest them!

6 Likes

eww.

1 Like

2 Likes

Can’t see how seeds are going to increase this when they’ve already send us wuhan aids.

1 Like

Could just be Triffids, I s’pose.

1 Like

Probably a brushing scam (false boosting of local e-commerce ratings). They use the US because the USPS subsidizes international mail costs from places like China, making it relatively cheap while avoiding the eye of local authorities.

3 Likes

OK, more anti-Chinese sentiment then :slight_smile: Kick 'em when they’re down, sort of thing.

It would certainly be an effective technique. There’s been a lot of noise about withdrawing trade from China, and destroying their credibility would be a good strategy.

I doubt those seeds actually originated from the Chinese gov’t. They’re not stupid; if it were an attempt to spread disease or invasive species, they’d make sure the seeds were not clearly identifiable as coming from China.

Saw this online - from the UK:
I received a pouch of seeds yesterday - I contacted Environmental Health and they’re sending special packaging so that I can send the package on to them for analysis.

1 Like