Mythbusters

I like that Brainiac show with the Hamster. Is there someplace in Taipei I can buy some Caesium?

Ouch, maybe I am wrong - it just came from the top of my head, and that is not quality checked before release… :wall:

Someone, please double-check

There are several repeats of Mythbusters, here is the May schedule in English for Discovery Channel Asia: Taiwan (Word Document)

Awesome, thanks! Woohoo, this Thurs: 22:00 Mythbusters 4: Earthquake Machine :sunglasses:

[quote=“irishstu”]Actually that last pirate Mythbusters was on at 9pm on Sunday.[/quote]That was a two hour show wasn’t it? It was repeated yesterday afternoon, and I’m sure it will be on again some time, as most shows are on Discovery.

[quote=“TomHill”]Have any of you seen Brainiac?

It’s similar to Mythbusters, but it’s put on by the English, so it’s naturally funnier, and the science is truer. Mr Hammond is in it, for all you Top Gear fans.

video.google.com/videoplay?docid … 4801392897[/quote]Cheers for the link, Tom. I’ll have a look soon. But I do like Mythbusters, partly because they’re in it for the laughs and the big explosions (which latter are of course the essence of science: I never saw my old chemistry teacher smile until it came to the lesson when he could blow things up in the name of education).

I saw an episode of Mythbusters in England last year. I was really disappointed. They replaced the proper music with serious science-y music, and the voiceover was done by some overly dry English guy. There’s a time and place for English wit, but Mythbusters isn’t it.