N. Korea allegedly responsible for S.Korean Navy deaths

A scenario of a N. Korean attack on the drilling platform in the Gulf has been floated on the web - but I don’t know the source. In any case, some people are cynical (realistic) enough to consider the US capable of cooking up anything imaginable.

And, btw, I don’t think the fact that I am unable to put myself into Obama’s shoes is proof of the US’s innocence in any given situation. :wink:

Not to overlook that an incident in Korea strengthens the US’s position that the bases on Okinawa have to remain there.
We are trying to get rid of them, but thanks to a compliant prime minister it looks like Okinawa will remain occupied for the foreseeable future
sciforums.com/showthread.php?p=2548720[/quote]

I don’t think the logistics of NK is where they can trigger an explosion at those depths so far away from home base.

Right - it also does not appear that anybody in the US administration or military has made suggestions of that sort, and i think that stuff just came from the pen (keyboard) of some individual with fertile imagination…

Most certainly. But you would have to read all of the report to see how things fit in that scenario (the sub would not have been moving in the area but lying in wait, possibly as observer of something). Not that i am saying i am convinced that this is how things happened, but i suspect that there is a lot more to the story than what US and S. Korean officials tell us.

Most certainly. But you would have to read all of the report to see how things fit in that scenario (the sub would not have been moving in the area but lying in wait, possibly as observer of something). Not that I am saying I am convinced that this is how things happened, but i suspect that there is a lot more to the story than what US and S. Korean officials tell us.[/quote]

Well, I suspect that you are a paranoid crackpot.

Why. The presented story is not only backed by evidence, but is entirely consistent with the past behavior of NK. It’s actually totally unsurprising.

This article could offer some explanation news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World- … re_Imposed

NK plays these games constantly. It is entirely like them to pull off a stunt like this to achieve an economic goal. Sooner or later they’ll be angling to set up a peace conference. If anyone has half a brain NK won’t be extracting any benefits out of this one, but I’m not holding my breath I guess.

Thank you for your thoughtful contribution to the discussion. :slight_smile:

Woot!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=611_1275859692