N95 masks in Taiwan

Surgical mask is about as useful as putting a cloth over your mouth to stop pollution or diseases. They are meant for sick people to not spread their illness around.

If you want real protection 3M mask with p90 filter stops anything particulate in the air. Very useful for dusty environments or allergy, but you’ll look like this:
Uploading: image.jpeg… https://images.amcnetworks.com/bbcamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/anglo_1920x1080_emptychild2-e1458250570494-1600x720.jpg

This is what the mask look like

I wear one of these in blue for cycling, my girlfriend bought it for in Taiwan but she can’t remember where.
Have a very good rating bit fearsome looking to wear walking in the street though, but hey they are expensive so may gain some respect from Taiwanese.

Evergreen content, never gets old

Saw two foreigners on the MRT wearing N95 masks, all the rest, simple stuff.

Was actually surprised to see how few people wear masks in the MRT and outside walking the streets in Taipei #nodrama

Where I live as of today…
Wellcome: sold out (all masks)
Pharmacies: sold out (all masks)
Carrefour: sold out (all masks)
Hola: sold out (all masks)
B&Q: they had a couple scooter style fabric masks with no filtration.

I asked the guy about the masks the entire B&Q staff were wearing. (All 3M N95 without the vent). He fetched me 4 of them from the back somewhere. Not sure if they were keeping those for staff or not. But nice if him to do.

4 Likes

Found this on PC Home:

They require a disposable insert:

Thoughts?
Everything else, including almost all Large size Vogmasks, are sold out.

So…the government prefers the general public not wear n95 masks. These signs are posted on every 7-11 now:

I have used all my contacts, asked everywhere from pharmacies to supermarket to hardware stores. Nada. No hay. None N95s to be found.

The argument is to save N95 to health professionals. However, do they buy their supplies at 7-eleven?

2 Likes

Yeah it’s weird. Are they for sale in 7-11? They can sell them but I can’t buy them?

1 Like

We (Vogmask Taiwan) have a new shipment of masks coming, scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Crossing our fingers for customs not to delay it.
[UPDATE: Apparently they released it already. Should be arriving today.]

It is a tiny shipment though. After supplying our retailers, we won’t be left with much.

I’ll post the details in the Vogmask thread. Head there if you want to grab any while they last. Apparently, we won’t be getting any more masks until March.

1 Like

So the professionals are obviously at risk ! This.makes me more cautious and more likely to wear a mask. :thinking:

3M makes some great masks…

These are very comfortable to wear and will protect you from not only diseases but from toxic chemicals too… like if someone’s painting or farting a bit too much…

1 Like

I checked the Korea website and it says orders only after Feb 3 :frowning:

I like these, but I might get some bad stares in the metro and especially the post office while wearing a long coat :sunglasses:

What about this?

or this

1 Like

I need to remember my chainsaw lol :rofl:

1 Like