Nails - yes girl's nails

I’m wondering if anyone can help me. I have recently moved to Chiayi and i’m looking for a place to get my acrylic nails refilled (they seem to call it crystal nails over here). I am desperate! I have been getting my nails down for many many years so it’s not something i’m ready to give up.

You girls make me laugh. It’s not the clean drinking water or the clean air or the western food that you miss…it’s that you can’t get your nails done.
Aside from that, my girlfriend went through the same “devastation” when coming here and not being able to find a place for her nails.
Good news…she finally found a place after searching the entire city.
Bad news…its in TianMu, Taipei and it’s the only one she was able to find after talking with many taiwanese girlfriends.

Good luck in your search.

P.S. More Bad News- they did a great job the first time and absolute shite the second time. Go figure.

Thank you for the advice.

I ended up getting them done in Kaohsiung and they were terrible. I have found a place in Tainan that I will try out next week. If anyone is interested email me and i’ll tell you how they went.

My wife has a beauty shop in Taipei so I asked her about the artificial nails. She says her shop used to do these, but the quality of the artificial nails available locally is not very good, so it isn’t worth the effort for poor results.

(Her shop does regular nails though, by appointment. See maggiehsia.com/ for contact info.)

[quote=“jlick”]
(Her shop does regular nails though, by appointment. See maggiehsia.com/ for contact info.)[/quote]

Wow, this place is right around the corner from where I lived and I never noticed it before, is it open to the public?? or appointment only?

thanks

[quote=“MiakaW”][quote=“jlick”]
(Her shop does regular nails though, by appointment. See maggiehsia.com/ for contact info.)[/quote]

Wow, this place is right around the corner from where I lived and I never noticed it before, is it open to the public?? or appointment only?
[/quote]

It is open to the public. Appointments are only needed for special services like complete makeovers, wedding preparations, nails, etc. For normal services you can just walk in, though appointments are still recommended if you want someone in particular, or if you want to come at peak times. I recommend making an appointment with my wife, Maggie, but I’m of course very biased. :slight_smile:

Forgot to mention. Open Monday-Saturday, closed Sunday. Hours vary but typically 11am-8pm.