Naked men scene in borat

i know there is also a thread about the movie borat, but i wanted to discuss what was for me the most unfunny, gross part- the naked men scene. if you haven’t seen the movie and you don’t want me to spoil it, don’t keep reading. why was that scene put in? i think he had a reason for every scene, but i can’t quite figure that one out. after they got out of the bedroom and they were running into the convention room, that was just plain funny- but the 69 position? i didn’t need to see that. maybe he was making a statement about gays and how their business should stay in their bedroom and we have no right intruding into their private space and choices. i know the scene wasn’t literally about 2 gay men. sacha baron cohen has said that part of his inspiration for this movie was the apathetic attitude of ordinary Germans towards the slaughter of Jews and others. he wanted to expose the attitudes of people in the movie that either actively or passively encourage hate and prejudice. given that homosexuals were also one of the groups slated for extermination under the nazis, i thought that the naked men scene might be a challenge to the audience about their attitudes towards homosexuality.

It’s not out in Taiwan yet.

I thought it was very funny- in a disgusting physical comedy sort of way.
I dont think there was a hidden meaning to it.

I too thought it was one of the funniest things I have seen for a while. It was both grotesque and original.
Vive la difference.

Exactly, who cares ? as long as it’s nudie people. :bouncy:

Naked SBC? :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Buttercup”]Naked SBC? :p[/quote] Ok, here you go: webgeordie.co.uk/borat/images/mortgage01.jpg :nsfw:

mmmmmmmm

Well, if gays want straight people to respect them, they should probably wear clothes to conventions like this.

There is a method to his madness.