Names of years

Here we are, seven years into the century of the fruitbat, and we’re still using the old names for years. This is no good.

I mean, honestly, the year of the golden pig? Surely we can do better than that? The world’s a much bigger/smaller place than it was in centuries past, and we know about lots more animals and stuff.

Lemurs, for instance. Lemurs would make good animals to name years after. The year of the lemur, the fragrant lemur. Or flagrant. The year of the flagrant lemur.

Or nematodes, they’d make good astrology. Ah, you were born in the year of the vicarious nematode! That makes you a simple character with a tendency to cling to other people. I like that one.

How about squid? The year of the arresting squid. The fallacious squid. The fortuitous squid. The auspicious squid. Astrologers would have a field day with that.

Any more?

Why limiting to animals? Veggies would do fine … the year of the gherkin … capsicum …

Actually, the coming year will be referred to as
病死豬年

[quote=“tmwc”]

How about squid? The year of the arresting squid. The fallacious squid. The fortuitous squid. The auspicious squid. Astrologers would have a field day with that.

Any more?[/quote]

Mapo squid?

This year, will be the year of the Tyc00n

As a Libran Tiger, your feeble earth ass-trology means nothing to me.

Actually, the coming year will be referred to as
病死豬年
.[/quote]

:smiley:

I like falacious, but fellacious would be better.

The year of the fellacious tyc00n. hmmm, yum.

I think Playboy bunnies need their own year.

This year is the Tiger-food year, and so is a lot of the other years.
We need to simplify the system a big, so we should categorize into:

Tiger breakfast
Tiger noon snack
Tiger lunch
Tiger afternoon snack
Tiger dinner
Tiger dessert
Tiger evening snack
Tiger night snack
Tiger nightmare

How about the year of the flatulant lemur?

[quote=“tmwc”]Or nematodes, they’d make good astrology. Ah, you were born in the year of the vicarious nematode! That makes you a simple character with a tendency to cling to other people. I like that one.

Any more?[/quote]

Of course, they should have a Taiwanese flair to them; therefore, I suggest:

1. The Year of the Cockroach

2. The Year of the Gekko

3. The Year of the Stray Cat

4. The Year of the Three-legged Dog

5. The Year of the Canadian Kindy Teacher…no wait, scratch that. It’s so similar to #1, people might get confused.

This will be the year of The Raven.

Having been born in the year of the Rabbit (and a reader of Playboy ARTICLES) I second that motion.

How about the year of the flatulant lemur?

[quote=“tmwc”]Or nematodes, they’d make good astrology. Ah, you were born in the year of the vicarious nematode! That makes you a simple character with a tendency to cling to other people. I like that one.

Any more?[/quote]

Of course, they should have a Taiwanese flair to them; therefore, I suggest:

1. The Year of the Cockroach

2. The Year of the Gekko

3. The Year of the Stray Cat

4. The Year of the Three-legged Dog

5. The Year of the Canadian Kindy Teacher…no wait, scratch that. It’s so similar to #1, people might get confused.[/quote]

:saywhat: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: