Nancy Pelosi Dons the Hijab

Would you like me to post what some of the Palestinian leaders are “really saying” or do you think that we had better just drop this now… Might be kind of embarrassing for you…

Yeah. There is just a whole wealth of stuff that is translated from Arabic newspapers every day into English by MEA. Want me to post some of that lovely stuff that is read by your average Arab every day? haha I think you may not wish to pursue this much more eh? spookster? hahahh

Would you like me to post what some of the Palestinian leaders are “really saying” or do you think that we had better just drop this now… Might be kind of embarrassing for you…

Yeah. There is just a whole wealth of stuff that is translated from Arabic newspapers every day into English by MEA. Want me to post some of that lovely stuff that is read by your average Arab every day? haha I think you may not wish to pursue this much more eh? spookster? hahahh[/quote]

I’m not afraid of anybody’s words. The more points of view – including your own – that are heard, the better.

"The pro-Israel lobby has been remarkably successful in suppressing criticism. Politicians challenge it at their peril because of the lobby’s ability to influence political contributions. When Howard Dean called for an evenhanded policy toward Israel in 2004, his chances of getting the nomination were badly damaged (although it was his attempt, after his defeat in Iowa, to shout above the crowd that sealed his fate). Academics had their advancement blocked and think-tank experts their funding withdrawn when they stepped too far out of line. Following his criticism of repressive Israeli policy on the West Bank, former president Jimmy Carter has suffered the loss of some of the financial backers of his center.

Anybody who dares to dissent may be subjected to a campaign of personal vilification. I speak from personal experience. Ever since I participated in a meeting discussing the need for voicing alternative views, a torrent of slanders has been released including the false accusation in The New Republic that I was a “young cog in the Hitlerite wheel” at the age of thirteen when my father arranged a false identity to save my life and I accompanied an official of the Ministry of Agriculture, posing as his godson, when he was taking the inventory of a Jewish estate."
– George Soros

Pro-Israel? You mean the Jews… hahaha

You mean ‘personal vilification’? George Soros is Jewish and he and I are in agreement so what I mean is demagoguery, character assassination and censorship.

Soros doesn’t like Jews?

“I am shocked by that news!”

My, my, my… THAT is a mouthful. haha

Poisoning the Well Logical Fallacy

"This sort of “reasoning” involves trying to discredit what a person ‘is claiming’ by presenting unfavorable information (be it true or false) about the person. This “argument” has the following form:

1. Unfavorable information (be it true or false) about person A is presented.
  2. Therefore any claims person A makes will be false.

This sort of “reasoning” is obviously fallacious. The person making such an attack is hoping that the unfavorable information will bias listeners against the person in question and hence that they will reject any claims he might make. However, merely presenting unfavorable information about a person (even if it is true) hardly counts as evidence against the claims he/she might make. This is especially clear when Poisoning the Well is looked at as a form of ad Homimem in which the attack is made prior to the person even making the claim or claims."

I’ve never made ad hominem attacks, I have occasionally, however, attacked some of the other posters with personal attacks. There’s a BIG difference in my book!

C’mon spook…you know the etiquette…link to the web site when you cut & paste.

I think you mean BIG lapse in judgment and reasoning, but that is only a conjecture.

lol

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/speaker-pelosi-called-out-for-repeatedly-using-fake-bible-verse

2 Likes

The takeaway here is she still feels a need to pander to Christians.

Oh, and she’s perpetually slightly confused. But we already knew that.

There’s not a politician in America who doesn’t. But some are more genuine than others. A lot of Christians don’t seem to give a rat’s asscrack about that however. Booker seems to be an honest Christian gentleman from what I understand. Fine in my book. Pelosi seems to have failed one test here, certainly. But people believe all kinds of things about what the Bible says after all. The sentiment she expresses here seems harmless enough. Sounds more NT than OT.

Then she keeps rereading the wrong one. Isiah is OT.

She says: “It’s in there somewhere in some words or another, but certainly the spirit of it is there,” Pelosi said. “And that we all have a responsibility to act upon our beliefs and the dignity and worth of every person.”

So, I’m going to make this up, reference it a dozen times in public, get called on it, and then say, well it SHOULD be in there, cuz you know, I GET the Bible. I get the spirit!

Catholics aren’t exactly encouraged to read the Bible on their own. It’s cut up and packaged and fed to them from the pulpit every week at Mass. But really, “…that we all have a responsibility to act upon our beliefs and the dignity and worth of every person.” That’s a pretty good synopsis of the teachings of Christ.

3 Likes

Something similar happens in Protestant churches. You can read the Bible, but only after they’ve already told you how to interpret it.

The Bible is far above the average person’s reading level. That’s the real problem. Compounding this is everyone wants to put words in Jesus’ mouth.

There’s no doubt she’s wildly wrong. She’d do better just to admit it and move on

Also a interesting issue brought up is that most people would read the bible translated. The pope recently caused controversy because he wanted to change the translation of the Lord’s prayer. I had to learn greek to read the bible when I studied it in school, a lot of words are lost in translation like different words for love in greek. And a lot it would be originally in Aramaic as well.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-42279427